Inline resin filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inline resin filters

Many don't know that it's prudent to change them each year. In addition, they should have a swim in salt water on a fortnightly basis...

Here's a before and after on a VBM Domobar Super which arrived late last week for service.

The machine looks to be 8-10 years old...Never had a service...Perhaps the filter predates the machine??

I never cease to be amazed at the abuse machines can receive at the hands of owners and what said owners are prepared to drink...

Danger money for Supertech today. Hope he doesn't catch something.

Click image for larger version

Name:	filter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	757838Click image for larger version

Name:	resin-filter new.gif
Views:	1
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	757839

Whoa that's nasty!

Comment

You sure that wasn't connected to their fishtank?

Comment

Actually...

It does look a little like mine (from the photo)...

However, I've removed the resin and replaced it with a coarse grade 'black coloured' sponge which coincidentally, is something left over from my tropical fish collection days. Never been used in a fish tank though....
        And, all water is filtered through an appropriate under-sink filter system before hand, so the resin component of the filter hasn't been required for long time...

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimal View Post

However, I've removed the resin and replaced it with a coarse grade 'black coloured' sponge which coincidentally, is something left over from my tropical fish collection days. Never been used in a fish tank though....

Mal.
          Sounds a little fishy Mal [emoji225][emoji226][emoji223][emoji245][emoji227][emoji228][emoji224]

Comment

Yuck. Funky. Bad.

Comment

Working...
            X