Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On board coffee luggage

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • On board coffee luggage

    Hi

    i don't travel by plane much at all, but will be next week: to noosa from Melbourne.

    Will they let me take a presso and lido on board?

    thanks for any tips. Travelling very light. (Basically coffee stuff & toothbrush)


  • #2
    Will take a porlex and filter come if need be, but preference is for the above.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by shortblackman View Post
      Hi

      i don't travel by plane much at all, but will be next week: to noosa from Melbourne.

      Will they let me take a presso and lido on board?

      thanks for any tips. Travelling very light. (Basically coffee stuff & toothbrush)

      Yes you should have no trouble, unless you try to use them of course.

      Comment


      • #4
        Ooh that's encouraging. Thanks.

        ive just heard of people not getting on with bits & pieces . & you know... I suppose the presso may be considered a scary looking little steel beast.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by shortblackman View Post
          Ooh that's encouraging. Thanks.

          ive just heard of people not getting on with bits & pieces . & you know... I suppose the presso may be considered a scary looking little steel beast.
          You should be fine. Domestic security requirements aren't particularly harsh (and neither product resembles a knife, nor contains what might be explosives/a detonator). I suspect you'd be fine even on an international flight.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by shortblackman View Post
            Ooh that's encouraging. Thanks.

            ive just heard of people not getting on with bits & pieces . & you know... I suppose the presso may be considered a scary looking little steel beast.
            One further thing, I don't have a presso but I guess it weighs 2-3kg? You should check your carry on weight allowance in case you go over. It depends on the airline and most don't check the weight but I've occasionally had my carry on baggage weighed in the past.
            hope this helps
            cheers

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah. That's another aspect. I have a 7 kg limit. If its the presso & the lido, that's my weight gone. I was only half joking about the toothbrush in my first post, and for 4 days, just out of noosa (in noosa I've noted some good places) Iight have to fend forts elf coffee wise, so it's a priority.

              Comment


              • #8
                Just put the small heavy items in your pockets before the official weigh in!

                Also works a treat for camera lenses etc, just need the right jacket.

                Cheers

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by artman View Post
                  Just put the small heavy items in your pockets before the official weigh in!

                  Also works a treat for camera lenses etc, just need the right jacket.

                  Cheers
                  Laughing my head off

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Bring out the old duffle coat from 1980. Even got Roachee's number on it! Might just have to squeeze into it a bit.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by shortblackman View Post
                      just out of noosa (in noosa I've noted some good places) Iight have to fend forts elf coffee wise, so it's a priority.
                      Which fort, and which elf?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Barry O'Speedwagon View Post
                        Which fort, and which elf?
                        I think it's the fort and the elf just past the turn-off to Iight

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          You mean this one?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            [QUOTE=Vinitasse;561439]You mean this one?

                            [/QUOTE


                            That's him! Note the green roof, typical of Iight architecture

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              You've actually constructed a fort with an elf!

                              just to take the p!ss out of my typing!!!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X