Peruvian Beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peruvian Beans

I was wondering if there were many of these available. The Peru Segunda and Grace estate were wonderful and was hoping we would get more peruvian beans (even peru segunda) in an up coming bean bay.

pretty please Andy???

Re: Peruvian Beans

I agree the were both good but very, very different. The segunda is such a strange beast.

Being mostly tree dried it it looks motley and multi coloured and the mucilage variation means that it one of the ugliest beans I have seen green. Even after roasting there is still some unevenness but it carries some great (albeit subtle) flavours into the cup.

It might appear on BeanBay if we can source some more (I think I just talked myself into "needing" it). It was good value at less than $8/kg too.

PS: The segunda natural processed beans were only ever a starter pack bean because we could only get a single bag.

Comment

They were a fantastic bean. I have only a little bit left and am saving them up for special.

Comment

Theres a small Cafe in CHico, CA that serves two delicious Peruvian blends... one is a nice flavorful dark and the other is a water processed decaf... Not sure what the beans are but you could contact Cafe Mundo in Chico, CA to ask them!

Comment

Ordering roasted beans from the US is a bit of a reach.

Comment

Wow - just sampled my first roast of the Peru Segunda Naturals from my February starter pack - loved it. Really, really different (and leave the Grace Estate in the shade IMHO)

Good enough to induce no eating all morning to savour the aftertaste.

They are ugly little beasts arent they. And they are so small they barely got paddled in my Coretto. And then I really didnt hear any clear first crack - I had to push on with the roast past my usual 12 minutes to nearly 17 - giving up when the colour looked about right on the bigger, greener beans (no point in going off the colour of those smaller dark rat droppings that are mixed in!).

But a great result in the (latte) cup. Mmmm.... more please

Comment

Originally posted by slowdown link=1178518169/0#5 date=1183003755
              (no point in going off the colour of those smaller dark rat droppings that are mixed in!).
              Mmmm,

Kopi Ratus Ratus..... No thanks

Mal.

Comment

Working...
              X