Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiorenzato F5 - very tight adjustment collar

Hi CS community,
    I have just come across a big problem with my F5 Fiorenzato grinder. The adjustment collar is extremely tight after screwing down 5 pitches/threads. How should I proceed to reinstate what I believe is damaged threads? Visually I can't see anything obvious. I have hard brushed the threads to remove all grinds And vacuumed all debris.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by wongfamily View Post
    Hi CS community,
    I have just come across a big problem with my F5 Fiorenzato grinder. The adjustment collar is extremely tight after screwing down 5 pitches/threads. How should I proceed to reinstate what I believe is damaged threads? Visually I can't see anything obvious. I have hard brushed the threads to remove all grinds And vacuumed all debris.

Try some Hydroseal thread lubricant on the threads. That should fix it.

Comment

Get a a soft metal bristle brush (copper?/brass?) from a local hardware store and give grinder thread a good scrub to remove coffee ground and then apply food safe grease .. That should fix it

Comment

Even better than grease of any kind (just attracts more coffee grinds), is a dry lubricant such as one of the heavy duty PTFE based ones or even powdered graphite which can be sourced from most hardware stores...

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimal View Post
          Even better than grease of any kind (just attracts more coffee grinds), is a dry lubricant such as one of the heavy duty PTFE based ones or even powdered graphite which can be sourced from most hardware stores...

Mal.
          Good idea, although I've had grease on my threads for 9 months and it is still turning freely. Graphite would be better though, agreed.

Comment

Probably depends on whether or not you use your grinder for a wide range of brewing methods I guess.
            I suppose if you mainly stick to espresso brewing, then the thread higher up from the bottom of the burr-carrier won't be exposed to fresh coffee grinds.

Mal.

Comment

Working...
            X