Great Ocean Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Ocean Road

throwing this one out there....are there any decent cafes along great ocean road? Heading to Apollo bay. Otherwise I might be tempted to bring my mini and french press along.

Re: Great Ocean Road

A La Grecque is a favourite of mine, at Aireys. Coffee is better than average for the GOR, but the strong point is the food.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/restaurant-reviews/a-la-grecque/2005/10/24/1130006054077.html

Also at Lorne Ba Ba Lu is my favourite and also has good coffee. There aint no St Ali on the GOR that I know of, though.

P.S. what would be useful to us Melburnians would be a list of good Geelong cafes, as thats about the half-way point. Im sure there are some great places there, but I wouldnt have a clue ...

Comment

Moby - 41 The Esplanade, Torquay

I havent tried, but Moby uses Supreme beans and (I think) runs a reverse osmosis filtration for their water.

Chris Beacon Point does good food
      280 Skenes Creek Rd , Apollo Bay, T: 0352376411
      chrisbeaconpoint@bigpond.com

Comment

I was sitting outside a cafe having breakfast with my girlfriend at Apollo Bay and lo and behold, there was a coffee geek girl next to me...talking to her mother saying things like...this milk is much too hot...it should be 60 deg C, started talking about grinders and adjusting the grind to get a suitable pour, steaming fresh milk, drying patios at origin.....nice!!!

My girlfriend couldnt believe what she was hearing...all the way in Apollo and still couldnt escape coffee snobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Wushoes link=1178865338/0#3 date=1179035398
          My girlfriend couldnt believe what she was hearing...all the way in Apollo and still couldnt escape coffee snobs.
          Were everywhere! You cant escape us!! [smiley=evil.gif]

Java "Taking over the world, one cup at a time!" phile
          Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Working...
          X