Specialty coffee pods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specialty coffee pods

I live in Sydney and have found a few coffee roasters here who do their own coffee pods (double roasters, brew haha and killer coffee). Just wanted to know if anyone knows any other roasters who are doing coffee pods so I can try something different.

Personally I've never quite understood the concept of specialty grade, high quality stale coffee

Comment

Touche D'Artagnan.

Comment

Mad Roasters in Melbourne looks interesting if it is pods you desire.

Comment

liquidcoffee in melbourne also do pods if they are your thing

Comment

Just make sure they flush the pods with artisanal nitrogen

Comment

Originally posted by magnafunk View Post
              Just make sure they flush the pods with artisanal nitrogen
              "Artisanal nitrogen"! Really?!!!

Nitrogen is an inert gas and it really doesn't matter if it's artisanal or bogan

Comment

Indeed mate....

I know you can get Dry N2 as compared to normal compressed N2 but I've not come across Artisanal before...

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimal View Post
                  Indeed mate....

I know you can get Dry N2 as compared to normal compressed N2 but I've not come across Artisanal before...

Mal.
                  Maybe it's prettier than boring old regular Nitrogen
                  Alternately one could always flush their pods with a dash of Flamboyant Argon or Cheeky CO2

Comment

Whilst we are on the Nespresso track, or off it...can I ask why when I went to the Nespresso shop today and they made me an espresso ( research purposes ) It appears to have an amazing crema, do they use a pressurised system?
                    I thought the crema was a reflection of bean freshness, which the Forum says Nespresso certainly isn't. Or is there something I am missing? any comments welcome.

Comment

Oops, I mean't to post to the Nespesso Thread but I guess talking about pods it brings up the same issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Coffeedreamer View Post
                        Whilst we are on the Nespresso track, or off it...can I ask why when I went to the Nespresso shop today and they made me an espresso ( research purposes ) It appears to have an amazing crema, do they use a pressurised system?
                        I thought the crema was a reflection of bean freshness, which the Forum says Nespresso certainly isn't. Or is there something I am missing? any comments welcome.
                        Your right CD, the crema looks OK, certainly not "amazing" but tastes like crap.

How do they do it, don't know and really don't care, for all I know they may add a drop of dish washing detergent to the pod.

Comment

Well I certainly wasn't going to ask the staff member there after she told me that the pods don't have a use by date ( actually they do ,12 months) and she was still drinking some of her pods from 6 years ago " ...they are sealed in nitrogen, no oxygen so the coffee doesn't deteriorate"
                          hmmm ok whatever you say Miss Nespresso.
                          And I did buy some pods for Christmas day as it is the only option I have to make lots of coffees in a row at Christmas...for other people.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinitasse View Post
                            Alternately one could always flush their pods
                            This is probably the best solution.

Comment

Back to the point of the OP.
                              Not a pod person either, but my local roaster Arrosto Coffee in Renmark SA does pods. Available on his website.

Comment

Working...
                              X