my coffee is red like a fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my coffee is red like a fox

finally got a rocky grinder now i can get on with chasing the crema after using store bought/ground beans
    so armed with great fresh melbourne beans and the grinder i poured my first shots
    compared with store beans i noticed
    1-- a slower pour
    2-- only a few seconds of dark coffee
    3--- thick slow red crema

stopped as it blonded (around 25 seconds)

a thick beatifull shot taste is great looks are great my latte art is still sad but i am working on that to

to all who told me to get a grinder thanks you were right (of course)

as a new starter i am now confident i am on the right track-- a barista course(even a basic one) and i will be sending in some art pics one day
    cheers brian

Re: my coffee is red like a fox

sounds delicious. 8-) what machine are you using? as for chasing creme. I find that volume has more to do with bean freshness and variety then anything else. color like you described always come with a well pulled shot.

Comment

i am using a rancilio silvia bog standard and a double basket
      the use of fresh beans is one huge improvment and along with being able to fine tune the grind i find i am able to pull a decent shot already
      is the silvia realy so difficult to use and why is that so compared to other manual machines?

brian

Comment

Originally posted by brianleon link=1179904906/0#2 date=1179911580
        i am using a rancilio silvia bog standard and a double basket
        the use of fresh beans is one huge improvment and along with being able to fine tune the grind i find i am able to pull a decent shot already
        is the silvia realy so difficult to use and why is that so compared to other manual machines?

brian
        you know what Brian, I really dont think she is that difficult to use at all. youve found out for yourself what she likes and no doubt enjoying the results! You mentioned doing a course; I cant recommend doing a course highly enough, especially the ones you see here from Di Bartoli & Talk Coffee, theyre fantastic.

I think, Miss Silvia just likes to be treated right like any pretty girl!

Comment

Working...
        X