Full strength milk please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full strength milk please

Had a laugh at this while sipping my A2 full cream double shot latte this morning http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/fo...m-milk-coffees
    Last edited by Javaphile; 1 February 2016, 09:59 AM. Reason: Fix Link(s)

Sorry not sure how to put a link that you can just click.

Comment

Fixed

Java "All better" phile
      Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Funny thing is the calf's get the skim milk to FATTEN UP yet we are marketed it to slim down.
        I Prefer 20-30% cream milk Mmmm
        (source mums life on farm)

Comment

Bit of a storm in a coffee cup really, and yet another example of mainstream media relying on social media for their 'stories'. There's been a couple of articles written about that over here recently, all since that infamous note was left in the LCC cafe. For a cafe that can do 30% or more of its milk coffee sales in trim/skim it can make good commercial sense to offer the option. But some places are as low as 5% and end up throwing out trim milk as it gets used so little.
          I haven't been into either C1 or Lyttelton Coffee Co for years and I'd be interested to know if either of them offer soy milk as an option. As we all know soy is an even more inferior option than trim, but I guess it's still on the menu as people could have dietary and health reasons for drinking it.

Comment

Good on them.

Bar Italia in Leichhardt has a sign up saying "No skim, no soy, no decaf".

Hear hear.

Comment

They're clearly so wealthy (or was that arrogant?) that they can turn away potential customers.

I hope they have extra staff on hand to help load the barrows full of cash into the boots of their fleet of Ferraris.

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
                They're clearly so wealthy (or was that arrogant?) that they can turn away potential customers.

I hope they have extra staff on hand to help load the barrows full of cash into the boots of their fleet of Ferraris.

Probably Maloo Utes.......

Comment

Seems to be owner changed to 15L stainless steel drums for his milk (to save all the plastic waste) and couldn't get trim.

Comment

"Lyttelton [Coffee Company], they do their thing. Clearly when you go in there it's a community coffee shop in a unique community. To go in there and demand it becomes something that it's not, I don't think is reasonable."

Seems fair enough to me - if they want to prioritize serving a quality product in a certain way over mass-market appeal, that's their choice. Not everyone is in small business to get rich

Reminds me of the kerfuffle over Huxtaburger not offering a vegetarian burger - as a vegetarian at the time, I just didn't go there - no problem!

Comment

If they want trim milk so bad, be unique and take your milk with you, like a mate does with rice milk.

Comment

Neither LCC or C1 have wealthy or arrogant owners. They have both been very successful in a very small and actually quite crowded market. They are both high quality boutique roasters/specialty coffee cafes. They are both surrounded by plenty of alternatives so if it's really important to people they can just go down the road. It's about where to draw the line I guess and I don't see why they can't choose as a small business to draw the line above trim milk, especially when there's no health or dietary reasons for people to choose it, just personal taste. It's only because it's so much the norm that people think it's strange when they can t get it, but I'm sure if you go back far enough you'll find a reality existed before trim milk was an option.

Comment

Yes- it's 100% their choice to turn customers and revenue away.

5/11 theory of marketing. If you're happy, you may tell 5, but if you are unhappy, you will likely tell 11. Bet they get plenty of 11.

Comment

While he clearly believes that full cream milk is better its not like his model would allow for the use of trim milk or that he has it on hand but through arrogance he refuses to use it. If a business doesn't have a product you cant be upset. I don't expect the local fast food shop to have Chateaubriand even though they could technically make it. Its not on the menu so I move on. I personally like trim because i find its less overpowering to the flavor however I'm happy enough with a good coffee with full cream or I have it short.
                            I think most people are reasonable enough to see it for what it is. I also think that someone that makes a stand for the environment over just chasing every dollar would gain a lot of respect from the customers. He appears to have a good core customer group. If your filling the seats with happy people, does it matter if some people don't like your business model.

Comment

I once worked at a fine dining restaurant where the chef's credo was "If you want to eat and drink our way, please take a seat. If you want to eat and drink your way, please stay home"

It worked... full house most nights

Comment

Working...
                              X