Alternative coffee beans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative coffee beans.

I am intrigued by roasting other beans to produce coffee like drinks, especially from native plants. I was told that you can use roasted boab seeds I gave it a shot and was very very surprised ( Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet ). The flavour was subtle, but delicious and cheap (free).

I'm wondering if anyone has roasted and brewed any alternative beans?

No, but sounds interesting. Where did you get the boab seeds from, and did you just dry roast them in a fry pan?

Comment

There's a bit of a story on the Imgur thread - popper roasted from a local source

Comment

Yeah, I got the seeds of the trees (I'm in the north) and used my popper. I wanted to be able to see the seeds do their thing.

I have also been told about kurrajong seeds, prune seeds and pistachio, none of which I have tried as kurrajong is out of season and I can't get prune seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by DesigningByCoffee View Post
          There's a bit of a story on the Imgur thread - popper roasted from a local source
          Thanks - so used to Imgur being used just for image hosting I didn't even think of scrolling down.

Comment

Working...
          X