Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any roasters in Dandenong area?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any roasters in Dandenong area?

    Due to take my fortnightly trip down to Carlisle st. for my supply of beans, while I love walking in there and choosing from the variety on offer it is a bit of a drive for a couple of packs of beans. Any one know of a shop closer to Dandenong.

  • #2
    Re: Any roasters in Dandenong area?

    Originally posted by vicroamer link=1179998997/0#0 date=1179998996
    Due to take my fortnightly trip down to Carlisle st. for my supply of beans, while I love walking in there and choosing from the variety on offer it is a bit of a drive for a couple of packs of beans. Any one know of a shop closer to Dandenong.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<&l t;<<<<, Why not buy some CS brown beans from over yonder get them delivered to your door and donate some bucks to fair crack as well ...Im sure that when you factor travel and time, youre a winner and you get truely fresh

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Any roasters in Dandenong area?

      it sounds like your a prime candidate for home roasting. getting fresh coffee doesnt require you to leave the house. Also coffee from where your going whilst often great. I found sometimes disappointing when it turned out stale.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Any roasters in Dandenong area?

        How do you get to & from Dandenong?

        If by the SE freeway, Coffee Supreme are close to the Burnley exit, as are Veneziano.
        If one is willing to take the hit of Citylink, StAli is off the Kings Way exit.


        There is a place in Clayton, Paradiso Roasters, Clayton Rd.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Any roasters in Dandenong area?

          Is Paradiso open? I drove passed there a week or so ago and it looked pretty shut...???

          I normally just go to Veneziano as it means we can bug Luca on Saturdays :-)

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Any roasters in Dandenong area?

            Originally posted by rice link=1179998997/0#3 date=1180005361

            There is a place in Clayton, Paradiso Roasters, Clayton Rd.
            do they sell to the general public?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Any roasters in Dandenong area?

              Thanks for replies.
              Mail order is an option but I sort of like buying from a shop front, wandering in and eyeballing beans and wares on display, as for freshness of where I have been going they have quite a variety and a big roaster so there could be an issue, I probably wouldnt know as I only have supermarket stuff as a reference. I might try Veneziano and see what its like to get to with out using city link I dont have an etag never had much use for one.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Any roasters in Dandenong area?

                Just a postscript. I found my way to Veneziano, arrived late after closing time, but was made welcome by Luca and the rest of the crew. Luca made me a cappa. I made my purchase, watched some beans being roasted and had a look at an Oscar, all in all a rewarding trip but I promise not to arrive late next time.
                I see what muppet_man67 means, the beans from Veneziano are fresher than where I was going.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Any roasters in Dandenong area?

                  Have a look at Paradiso in Clayton Road diagonally opposite the station, highway side.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Any roasters in Dandenong area?

                    PCR isnt really open for business...but Im sure Chris will be more than welcoming if hes in.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Any roasters in Dandenong area?

                      Originally posted by vicroamer link=1179998997/0#7 date=1180770956
                      Just a postscript. I found my way to Veneziano, arrived late after closing time, but was made welcome by Luca and the rest of the crew. Luca made me a cappa. I made my purchase, watched some beans being roasted and had a look at an Oscar, all in all a rewarding trip but I promise not to arrive late next time.
                      I see what muppet_man67 means, the beans from Veneziano are fresher than where I was going.
                      It was very humbling that you made the effort to come and visit us and I hope that I made you feel at home. Although our Saturday hours are 9 to 1, Im often around until 2 or so cleaning up, so coffeesnobs should feel free to knock on the door if they find themselves getting there just after the doors close.

                      I figure that this bears posting up here; if you want to make the most efficient use of your trips to visit us, we can always roast something for as well as providing you with roasted coffee. That way, we can time it so that the pre-roasted stuff is perfect for the next week and when you run out the custom roast is hitting its peak period for another week or so.

                      Please do send me a PM an let me know how the coffee was!

                      Cheers,

                      Luca

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Any roasters in Dandenong area?

                        Originally posted by steve link=1179998997/0#4 date=1180011266
                        Is Paradiso open? I drove passed there a week or so ago and it looked pretty shut...???

                        I normally just go to Veneziano as it means we can bug Luca on Saturdays :-)
                        1) I think PCR is only open for roasting on Mondays and Tuesdays....not too sure.

                        2) HAHAHAHA ;D

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X