Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Melbourne coffee expo - good place to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melbourne coffee expo - good place to buy?

Hi all,

im currently in the market for a new machine (have decided on the vbm Domobar junior from one of the CS sponsors)..
    With that in mind, and to all that have been to it, is the coffee expo a good place to buy equipment from? Are coffee machines even on sale there, or is it mostly beans/etc..?

thanks!

Originally posted by allitnils View Post
    Hi all,

im currently in the market for a new machine (have decided on the vbm Domobar junior from one of the CS sponsors)..
    With that in mind, and to all that have been to it, is the coffee expo a good place to buy equipment from? Are coffee machines even on sale there, or is it mostly beans/etc..?

thanks!
    Not much in the way of machines get sold at the Expo. It's a trade show which opens to the public on Saturday.

If you are around at packup time, you might get a discount to save somebody packing a box. More likely you will be pointed to resellers such as ourselves who can provide you with warranty support and aftersales service. In all likelihood, you will still pay street price anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
      Not much in the way of machines get sold at the Expo. It's a trade show which opens to the public on Saturday.

If you are around at packup time, you might get a discount to save somebody packing a box. More likely you will be pointed to resellers such as ourselves who can provide you with warranty support and aftersales service. In all likelihood, you will still pay street price anyway.
      amm yes. I had imagined as such!
      thanks Chris. Will make my way out your way in the next week or so!

Comment

Last year i purchased my Compak k3 touch for $500 and they're now selling for $700. Companies sell directly at Mice especially at Dolo and similar places. He can easily do 20% off. Mazzer was going to do a $250 discount too.

Machines they'll sell to you but tell you to collect from their warehouse or head office.

Comment

• $250 off = Mazzer street price.

• 20% off VBM. I'll do naked cartwheels across the MICE floor if ECA sell a Domobar Junior at 20% off.
          Last edited by Javaphile; 19 March 2016, 07:34 AM. Reason: Edited at request of OP

Comment

I just came back from MICE. Its a shame but it really sucked this year It felt scaled back on all fronts and the same content as last year but less. Even Pura was giving away free Pura drinks but this year didnt have anything. Not very much was going on at all besides people drinking free coffee. It was just no where near as good as last year.. Is it lack of revolution in the coffee industry or is our economy getting really bad so companies know not to invest much. Companies like Pauls were only investing in MICE for 2016 and thats it.

Ill go on saturday and see if its better. Most companies this year were just directing people to purchase from their website and giving MICE discount codes.

If anyone wants a free ticket i can email you some
            Last edited by neofelis; 17 March 2016, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Jetblack espresso have the k3 touch for $539.... Or am I looking at the wrong thing..?
              Compak K3 Touch

Comment

Big price difference..Compak K3 Touch Advanced | Talk Coffee

Maybe this is the wrong price?

Comment

Originally posted by neofelis View Post
                  Big price difference..Compak K3 Touch Advanced | Talk Coffee

Maybe this is the wrong price?
                  Yes- we have out of stock showing as we're waiting for the importer to land more.

Once we know what the new price is, then we'll know how much we can sell them for.

Always great to have an expert on board to teach us how to suck eggs.
                  Last edited by TC; 17 March 2016, 03:49 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Looks like 20% markup is not so unheard of after all!

Comment

Nowhere near as common as 100%- of nothing when you don't have it to sell.

Comment

Chris you should know by now that everyone on the internet is an expert

Comment

Working...
                        X