Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inline filter for WA tap water

Hi All,
    Any recommendations on what filter i should be using?
    Im waiting on profitec delivery and i would like to plumb it in, just not sure what filter to go with.

Regards
    Pasic

The water in Perth varies based on location. You should test it first to determine its quality and then you will know how much filtering you need.

I have a Brita C150 and it noticeably makes the water taste much better and seems to do a decent job of softening too.

Cheers

Comment

What do you test for hardness?

Comment

I've got an RO system with remin, general advice I received was WA water is so bad that it needs it. Aqualife AquaCafe, non-sponsor machine supplier stocks it locally, not a cheap option though...

All I know is tread carefully with some of the filtration stores locally, some of the people I came across were on par with used car salesman.

Comment

You can get water test strips.

Cheers

Comment

Haha yeap. Thats why i thought might be better to ask here haha.

I wouldnt go towards RO. I have worked on big RO units suppling water to 900 people. Im not sure what domestic ROs or of they are like in terms on maintenance and chemicals. But i know big ones cost big bucks to maintain.

I rarely drink tap water, unless for coffee or tea :/

Comment

Hi Pasic,

Have your water tested and then you will have a good idea of what will work. We have some guidelines: Filtration | Talk Coffee

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
                Hi Pasic,

Have your water tested and then you will have a good idea of what will work. We have some guidelines: Filtration | Talk Coffee
                Thanks Talk_Coffee. That was a great read. I didnt know perth had such high TDS. On the ROs i worked at we kept it to 35ppm.

Very interested now, will buy test kit tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Pasic View Post
                  Thanks Talk_Coffee. That was a great read. I didnt know perth had such high TDS...
                  My pleasure Pasic.

My understanding of Perth is that it depends on where your water comes from. Best bet is to have your water tested so that you can make the right decision for your circumstances.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

I have been given two suggestions to add to our twin filter filtration:
                    1. Adding a resin water softener in line filter. (Bombara - non sponsor)
                    2. Adding a phosphate in line filter that holds scale in solution.
                    We ended up using the resin filter but still wonder which would be best. The Talk Coffee information reference is very good but for Perth water it did not seem clear what we should do.
                    Any help would be appreciates.

This thread will probably be relocated - if so I hope I can find it.

Re water source: difficult to know, I think they switch or mix it between ground water and desal. Sometimes our soap really froths sometimes not! We live west of Perth near coast.

Comment

The water corp can provide a detailed indicative assay for your location as a starting point.

Comment

Yep, the information is online by suburb if you try googling it

Comment

Thanks, but what do I google?

Comment

Attached, its under Water Quality Annual Report Data pg 44 onwards

Annual-report-2014.pdf

Comment

So ive done strip test. Meh its as accurate as the report above. Haha. Between 200 and 300ppm total hardness i would guess. Ph seems about 7.0.. according to the strip..

Comment

Working...
                              X