X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mareeba grower to import caffeine-free coffee tree

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200705/s1938396.htm
    Mareeba grower to import caffeine-free coffee trees

A coffee grower from Mareeba, in far north Queensland, says she has secured the rights to bring the first naturally caffeine-free coffee trees to Australia.

Currently caffeine has to be removed from coffee beans through a chemical process which affects the taste of the finished product.

Linda Jacques has just returned from Brazil where she met the scientists who discovered caffeine-free plants in Ethiopia.

She says she will be the first to bring the variety to Australia once it is cross-bred with a higher yielding strain and she is sure there will be a market.

"There is a growing demand ... about 10 per cent of the worlds coffee production ... they are using decaffeinated coffee at the moment," she said.
    Print-friendy versionPrint Send to a friendEmail

Re: Mareeba grower to import caffeine-free coffee

I have been told that the Brazilian natural decaf should be hitting our shores in the next 12-18 months, set to revolutionize decaf coffee.

Comment

looking forward to it ;-)

Comment

WOW....I wanna see what they taste like....Im thinking as an espresso may not be so well rounded because it is missing the caffeine (bitterness)

Comment

anything will be better than our current options.
          Also from a roaster/wholsalers point of view it is exciting, you could use it in a blend to reduce the caffiene levels, the possibilities are endless!

Comment

Yep, I do agree... it is exciting...

Comment

Working...
            X