Help I want a God shot coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help I want a God shot coffee

I have tried all kinds of coffee I want one that someone on here has had sucess with making a godshot espresso.
    If you have can you link me to the page where I can order some.
    I have made probably 5 shots out of several thousand i would consider 90 percent close to a godshot.

Thanks in advance guys.

There are many suitable beans/blends (e.g. the Espresso Wow blend on BB). But, the beans are just a constraint, the rest is man (woman) and machine, and water.

I really can't see how dozens of people naming random beans is going to help too much.

And.......what really is a 'godshot'?

Comment

Apologies for being so snobby mate.
      Last edited by Davetaylor; 31 March 2016, 07:55 AM.

Comment

It is really easy to get a godshot espresso. Just genuflect before every step of your espresso prep and 3 times before pulling the shot.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	741806

Sorry to be so frank but the godshot is when everything is perfect. I have every other aspect perfect accept good beans. I have paid up to 90 a kg still chasing.

Comment

w.r.t?

Perfection is subjective.

Edit: Didn't you claim in http://coffeesnobs.com.au/showthread.php?t=43578 to have the method for perfect espresso extraction?

CS needs a thumbsdown button...[emoji107]

Comment

Mr vague? Wow

Comment

Well Mr Frank, the beans aren't going to be the defining element; even by your own definition you're claiming

that you and all else is perfect. How do you know that you're perfect and it's the beans letting you down?

You're spelling isn't perfect....maybe that's a clue.

'God shots', so called, are fairly common around here at my place.

You should hold your tongue and not be so hasty and disrespect others on the site if you want people to help you.
                Last edited by chokkidog; 31 March 2016, 11:02 AM. Reason: ;-)

Comment

August 2015...

Originally posted by Davetaylor View Post
                  Hi guys im looking at starting into the coffe business shortly as a caffee owner operator. Before I do that I have decided to turn my passion for coffee into a realization by first getting a good system for my home to perfect my talent before unleashing on the unsuspecting public I was using a breville $150 dollar machine and blade grinder to practice but want to step it up.
                  Today...
                  I have made probably 5 shots out of several thousand i would consider 90 percent close to a godshot.
                  Congrats on getting so far, so fast.

I must have pulled a million and I learn about espresso every week.

With 90% of your shots at close to godshot, you need a wildcard WBC entry, because you'll win.

Wax on, wax off grasshopper...

Comment

Originally posted by MrJack View Post
                    Didn't you claim in How to make the perfect coffee for Newbies to have the method for perfect espresso extraction?
                    He might have followed his step by step process and got lost?

Comment

I clearly remember the best shot of coffee I ever had, Chris at talk coffee ripped off a cracker on a red lever machine, not sure what it was as I was still at the beginning of my ongoing snob journey.

I'd had some pretty fine coffee before that but this was next level. I didn't realise how good it was until I'd left the building. He told me what beans he'd used but I was such a noob I didn't really take it in.

Anyway, my point being, I'd suggest you pay someone who like Chris who really knows what they're doing to get some training. If you've really done several thousand shots without the result you're after I imagine it'd be money well spent. That is if they'll take your money.
                      Last edited by magnafunk; 30 March 2016, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Dont reply if you dont know what it is mr vague. Thought that seemed pretty straightforward.
                        You've clearly mastered bitter and sour. Just aim for right in between those.

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
                          August 2015...

Today...

Congrats on getting so far, so fast.

I must have pulled a million and I learn about espresso every week.

With 90% of your shots at close to godshot, you need a wildcard WBC entry, because you'll win.

Wax on, wax off grasshopper...
                          I read OP as saying 5 shots in several thousand were 90% close to a godshot, not 90% of his shots close to godshot.

Comment

I agree with Simonko, what Davetaylor is trying to say is that out of the thousands he has made only 5 of his shots have come close to the ultimate target.

Like all of us, he seeks the holy grail of espresso, and, is asking for assistance.

Comment

My advice would be to attend a Basic Barista course provided by one of several highly reputable establishments.
                              You may be unwittingly using a technique that contains errors that have become 'normal' over time...

Mal.

Comment

Working...
                              X