Pullman tamper prototypes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pullman tamper prototypes

I saw some very interesting Pullman tampers today at First Pour...but didnt get a chance to ask Luca about them.....Greg...care to tell me more? ;D

There was one of those handles that felt really nice in my hand..and could get used to using it as a backup to my espro and coffeelab.

Re: Pullman tampers

Aaargh ... probably not something that Greg wants to talk about yet. In brief, Greg is always very thorough when testing out new ideas. He has sent us a number of prototypes to try out. Hopefully these will address the ergonomics of the classic model in the cafe environment. If anyone saw them, they might have been surprised that they were rather roughly finished off. This is because they are prototypes. The craftsmanship of the finished version will, of course, be up to Gregs usual high standards. Actually, Im quite impressed that Greg was able to knock together a bunch of handles from such a wide variety of materials so quickly!

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

My new pullman tamper has the smaller handle - to me this is great because I have small hands.

I love it as now I just do one tamp and everything is pretty well done - I just need to adjust my pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by luca link=1180795561/0#1 date=1180802967
        Aaargh ... probably not something that Greg wants to talk about yet. In brief, Greg is always very thorough when testing out new ideas. He has sent us a number of prototypes to try out. Hopefully these will address the ergonomics of the classic model in the cafe environment. If anyone saw them, they might have been surprised that they were rather roughly finished off. This is because they are prototypes. The craftsmanship of the finished version will, of course, be up to Gregs usual high standards. Actually, Im quite impressed that Greg was able to knock together a bunch of handles from such a wide variety of materials so quickly!

Cheers,

Luca
        hahahaha OOPS! ;D

Yeah....exactly my thoughts re: the cafe environment!

Comment

Re: Pullman tamper prototypes

Full marks to Luca for not breaking the NDA! Its rare for things to sit stagnant; even if nothings actually changing theres often background work on improvements. Just so happens that this time round theres something to show for it!

Hopefully if things go well Ill be able to pull off the wraps on them before too long. Until then youzll all just have to wait!

Comment

So Greg do they look anything like a pogo stick?

Comment

Hmm, not sure what pogo sticks looked like in your day Dennis but if you can pick the resemblance when they come out you can market the worlds first ergonomic pogo stick! My faithful testers make like clams on this sort of question so you wont get much out of me either!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Pullman link=1180795561/0#4 date=1180946347
                Full marks to Luca for not breaking the NDA! Its rare for things to sit stagnant; even if nothings actually changing theres often background work on improvements. Just so happens that this time round theres something to show for it!

Hopefully if things go well Ill be able to pull off the wraps on them before too long. Until then youzll all just have to wait!
                I guess I broke it on his behalf...SORRY! :-/

Comment

Youre OK; the main areas of privacy relate to the specifics of the design, not so much whether prototypes happen to exist since in one sense prototypes are always in development. But since the only elements which would warrant discussion are those which are under wraps, bringing them into the public domain has limited value as it cant be followed up with any details.

Comment

Wushoes, maybe youve done a good thing. You know, like helped out with the marketing of it by creating interest and a bit of suspense..........

Comment

yeah...well Ive probably already convinced myself to get one when these tampers come out!

Comment

Working...
                      X