Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee roasting (roaster) article - The Age

Apologies if its already been posted.
    http://www.theage.com.au/news/epicure/ruling-the-roast/2007/06/04/1180809412713.html

Re: Coffee roasting (roaster) article - The Age

In fact, I just saw a hard copy of the Age and the article is from the Epicure section in todays Age which has a feature on the diversiti brought to Australia by the immigrants post WWII.

Looks like a good feature if you get the chance to look at it. In the article about the roasters, there is a picture of some roasted beans that look like a CS 13.

Comment

CS13 sounds scary!

Good article after I got over "Melburnians" in the first sentence. I assume that is a Melbournian that burns something maybe to a CS13 level?

Its also a good little history of Melbourne name coffee over the last 50 years.

Maria Paoli, of Evolving Success, runs historical coffee tours of Melbourne, walking small groups through the city and into coffee houses such as Pellegrinis, talking about the history of espresso.
      Sounds like something we should suss out for a CS pickup day in the future.

Comment

I have a copy of the "Espresso, Melbourne Coffee Stories" book they refer to in The Gaggia Men article on the opposite page (pg 20). It was a great read (though that was a few years ago now!).

Comment

That was a good read. Of all the people written about, Ive only had the pleasure of meeting Paul Dimattina on several occassions.

Comment

Yeah- It was basically a nice article. Sorta makes me proud that Joe Dimattina was my uncle and my cousins run the present operation.

Comment

heh urm.. there is a funny spelling mistake in this sentence..

"The coffee dynasty continues with Domenics son, Dino, who runs his own cafe-cum-roastery, Coffee Max, in Camberwell."

:

Yeah I know Im dirty. If Im out of line please just delete this message.

Comment

not a spelling mistake! youre just dirty :P The word cum is an English word...eg. actor-cum-singer meaning, an actor who has turned in to a singer...come on...its a broadsheet newspaper..not a tabloid like the herald sun

Comment

Originally posted by Wushoes link=1181009182/0#7 date=1181046302
                  not a spelling mistake! youre just dirty :P The word cum is an English word...eg. actor-cum-singer meaning, an actor who has turned in to a singer...come on...its a broadsheet newspaper..not a tabloid like the herald sun
                  Nice try Wushoes, though I think youll find that its not English, but rather, Latin. Then again, I wonder if there is such a thing as an English word apart from youse

Comment

sorry mate...okay..what I meant to say was it is used in the English language

Comment

Compact Oxford English Dictionary

cum

/kum/

• preposition combined with; also used as: a study-cum-bedroom.

— ORIGIN Latin.

Comment

yeah...ive seen it spelt with a k occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by kohi link=1181009182/0#3 date=1181027527
                          I have a copy of the "Espresso, Melbourne Coffee Stories" book they refer to in The Gaggia Men article on the opposite page (pg 20).  It was a great read (though that was a few years ago now!).
                          I have it on good authority that an up-dated version of this book is about to be released: I should know the publisher is my media studies lecturer!

P

Comment

Excellent! Ill have to update it then. Tell him hes got one customer already.

Comment

Excuse my ignorance...I guess the title of the book gives it away...but what is it about?

Comment

Working...
                              X