Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Culture that Confuses Archeologists in the year 3016

G'day folks

I have been thinking about archeologists 1,000 years from now, searching through old Youtube Videos or Jpeg images, and coming across some of our current coffee culture practices.

Have dedicated this thread to those "WTF" moments 1,000 years from now which have the archeologists scratching their heads trying to work out what it is we're doing.

I'm going to start it off with this little gem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvVQy-oAaJs

Comment

How about: "you mean they really made coffee from beans that came out of a cats arse?"

Comment

These pour over guys with funny little kettles and strange hats never cease to amuse me,"apply the water" talk about OCD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHmbu-AhoSA
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gavisconi007 View Post

I'm a bit confused by that unnecessarily finicky approach right now! Looked to take about three times as long as necessary. I do like the Aeropress funnel hopper though.

Comment

Originally posted by herzog View Post
            How about: "you mean they really made coffee from beans that came out of a cats arse?"
            Of course, one thousand years from now they might brew beans that come out of a contralto hyena's ass, stored for 21 days in argon and then sliced with super high pressure precision hydro jets.

Comment

G'day folks

I have been thinking about archeologists 1,000 years from now, searching through old Youtube Videos or Jpeg images, and coming across some of our current coffee culture practices.

Have dedicated this thread to those "WTF" moments 1,000 years from now which have the archeologists scratching their heads trying to work out what it is we're doing.

Sure, i weigh my dose. I wdt. But even I would've packed up & gone home by the time this bloke finishes.

Comment

Originally posted by shortblackman View Post
                Sure, i weigh my dose. I wdt. But even I would've packed up & gone home by the time this bloke finishes.
                Yeh, quite bizarre. Reminds me of those people who help their dogs relieve themselves.

Comment

....................Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	742062

Comment

Originally posted by Magic_Matt View Post
                    I'm a bit confused by that unnecessarily finicky approach right now! Looked to take about three times as long as necessary. I do like the Aeropress funnel hopper though.
                    That's incredible. Why single dose of it's going to cause that much trouble?!

Comment

I think it's called OCD

Comment

I'd need a cup of blend 43 just to medicate before starting

Comment

I think it's called OCD
                          But I thought I had OCD... I have a long way to go...

Comment

[I'm going to start it off with this little gem:

[/QUOTE]

I had a laugh, my wife thought I had a problem until she watched it, now she reckons im pretty normal, today any way.

Comment

Thought of this thread when I came across this instagram account poking a bit of fun at coffee culture... @coffeeisbrown

Originally posted by @coffeeisbrown

Today I brewed up a very exciting blend. This Nescafé original has really ignited my pallet. The two tea spoons of Tate & Lyle sugar have really added to the taste so I'm getting real strong hints of sweetness. To neutralise the heat I added a generous dose of semi skimmed milk that originated in a cow. This has caused an almost buttery flavour in my mouth. The water came out of a kettle filled from a tap which was boiled before being put in the cup |*

Nescafé Original
                              Country - Who cares
                              Region - A forest
                              Producer - Nestlé
                              Varietal - Brown
                              Altitude - Height of kitchen bench*
                              Process - Lumped in with a spoon & water added*
                              Flavour profile - Tastes like coffee. If sugar added, expect sweetened results

Comment

Working...
                              X