T64 Pofitec Grinder purchase !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T64 Pofitec Grinder purchase !

Just like to give Paul at * **** a big thank you for his very good price and quick service on getting me my new grinder organised and sent out to me.
    Thanks Mate it's an awesome grinder and looks the Biz on my bench top can't wait to see the Pro700 sat next to it
    cheers
    Keithy

Enjoy. I have appreciated having a T64. Make sure you pull out the burr to clean every so often. Can get a bit caked up in there. Obviously your regularity is dependent on your throughput.

Comment

I vacuum it weekly, and additionally whenever I change coffees. I take out the top burr every two months to brush it out, but haven't done anything further. I use 750g-1kg a fortnight.

Comment

Hi Readeral
        if you get five minutes maybe you would be so kind as to run me through your process in cleaning it,, as I want to look after it and give it some TLC ����
        yes you have just posted while I was
        what brush do you recommend to use
        I will be using similar amounts of coffee too

Comment

Originally posted by Keithy View Post
          Hi Readeral
          if you get five minutes maybe you would be so kind as to run me through your process in cleaning it,, as I want to look after it and give it some TLC í*½í±í*½í±
          Regards
          It's kind of blind leading the blind here Keith, very little about pulling this grinder down available online and nothing in the instructions!

I shove a vacuum up against the grill after taking the lid off the funnel (don't vacuum from the bottom of the funnel..) and use a wooden skewer to knock out any grinds that might have caked up into the corners of the grill.

I also take the hopper off, give it a good clean in soapy water, and vacuum out the burrs from there, and brushing out any obvious grinds.

When I take the top burr out, I've marked the burr holder so I know where to put it back in, and give it a thorough brushing out with a small toothbrush and some other tools, and again go at it with a vacuum. At some point I should probably take the burrs from their carriers and wash them, but will probably ask JetBlack for advice before I do that!

I recommend you pull out the hopper tab that keeps the beans in the hopper when you lift it off, as it narrows the chute more significantly than I think they intended when designing it, and I've found my grounds to be more consistent since doing so. You can always (and I do) push it back in for when you're grinding out the chamber before removing the hopper.

Comment

Make sure you have a perfectly snug Allen key as well for pulling out the screws - mine didn't quite fit first time (bit small) and has cosmetically damaged the screws, and had I not changed Allen key sets, might've caused functional damage down the track

Comment

Well.. I want it to last as long as possible, and also I change origins regularly enough that I don't want oil taint in my coffees. Nothing grosses me out more than walking into a cafe where their bean hoppers have a smokey tinge to them where you can tell that they aren't cleaned regularly.

I quarter to half fill my hopper with 250g-ish, that gives me the most consistent grind output - topping up as often as I have the same batch of coffee available - and I just put up with the fact that it'll stale sooner. It's used within 2 or 3 days anyway. Rather than adjusting my grind as I'm running out of a batch of coffee, I updose a little more. It's usually only an issue for the last 2 coffees anyway.

If you're going to be single dosing (which I don't recommend with this grinder to be honest) you'll need to keep the little slider in, and close it before you start grinding (or once all of your coffee has sunk below it). This grinder is plenty happy to spit a bean or two back up into the hopper. A better solution to single dosing would be to ditch the hopper altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by readeral View Post
                Well.. I want it to last as long as possible, and also I change origins regularly enough that I don't want oil taint in my coffees. Nothing grosses me out more than walking into a cafe where their bean hoppers have a smokey tinge to them where you can tell that they aren't cleaned regularly.

I quarter to half fill my hopper with 250g-ish, that gives me the most consistent grind output - topping up as often as I have the same batch of coffee available - and I just put up with the fact that it'll stale sooner. It's used within 2 or 3 days anyway. Rather than adjusting my grind as I'm running out of a batch of coffee, I updose a little more. It's usually only an issue for the last 2 coffees anyway.

If you're going to be single dosing (which I don't recommend with this grinder to be honest) you'll need to keep the little slider in, and close it before you start grinding (or once all of your coffee has sunk below it). This grinder is plenty happy to spit a bean or two back up into the hopper. A better solution to single dosing would be to ditch the hopper altogether.
                Do you find that your grinder takes the beans from the left hand side of the hopper ?

Comment

Yeah it would do - that's the reason I took the slider out in the first place - I don't want to be feeding my burrs unevenly. I don't know if that's a thing, it may not be a thing, don't turn it into a weird coffee folklore issue, but I still chose to take out the slider anyway _just_in_case_ it changed the resulting grind.

Comment

Hi Gents - very interested in this grinder. Considering parting with my Robur-e and options at this stage are the T64, Rocket Fausto or Compak E5.
                    How did you guys settle on the T64?

I would assume (but have not tested) that grind quality on these grinders is comparable?? I'd want the new grinder to be quiet, quick and create as little mess as possible. And to look slick.

Paul - how come you moved away from the K10 and kept the T64? I thought you loved that grinder? Was the blind test final decision point?

Also, don't tell me to keep the Robur......

Also, anyone know of anywhere in/around Brisbane that stocks all three grinders I mentioned?

Cheers
                    Greg

Comment

I've written a review on the T64, it might help you. Have a search for it. I've never owned a Fausto or E5 so can't help there, but the T64 fits your requirements ok.

Paul kept the K10, not the T64.

Comment

Here is my review: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/grinders/4...ew-2016-a.html
                        Here is a thread where a site sponsor suggests the T64 and the Rocket are comparable: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/grinders/4...re-fausto.html

To my knowledge the only Site Sponsor that carries all three is Di Bartoli. Unfortunately for you, they're in Sydney.

Comment

[/QUOTE]
                          Paul kept the K10, not the T64.[/QUOTE]

Actually I think Paul kept the T64 and sold the K10 for a bargain.

See post 176 of the following thread http://coffeesnobs.com.au/grinders/4...c-no-more.html

Comment

Oh right, I stopped following that thread when it became ridiculous. Entropy as epitomised by the internet.

For some reason I thought Keithy's T64 was the one that had been used in the head-to-head. I guess not! I personally think these T64s rock, so I'm glad Paul kept his

Comment

Originally posted by readeral View Post
                              Oh right, I stopped following that thread when it became ridiculous. Entropy as epitomised by the internet.
                              Yep, understandable!

Comment

Working...
                              X