Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move over coffee.

Goodbye coffee, hello turmeric latte - Juice Daily

Coconut milk/cream is approx 35% saturated fat, so this amazing concoction is made up of about 140 mls of saturated fat, a few spices and a teaspoon of sugar, very healthy!"

"Turmeric is the ingredient on everyone’s lips. Cafes all over town are spicing up their menus with this golden ingredient… and for good reason. Not only does it add a richness of flavour, it also contains curcumin, a potent anti-inflammatory. This immune boosting latte can be whipped up in just minutes and will surely satisfy with every sip.

Ingredients

400 mls coconut milk/cream
    1 tsp turmeric
    1/2 nutmeg
    1 tsp cinnamon (or stick)
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp honey

My wife would kill me if I brought her that instead of breakfast coffee. Almost worth it though :-)

Comment

Weird isn't it...

Turmeric has been around for centuries as a mainstay spice added to various Asian curry mixes. And now that someone mentions "a potent anti-inflammatory" to its description, it is now a must have Latte alternative...

I'll be sticking to curries...

Mal.

Comment

I guess the margin in curries just isn't as good

Comment

I'm having trouble getting 30ml in 30 seconds. How fine is everyone grinding their tumeric?

Comment

Originally posted by trentski View Post
            I'm having trouble getting 30ml in 30 seconds. How fine is everyone grinding their tumeric?
            All my Turmeric is pre-ground - Works perfectly...

Mal.

Comment

Maybe that's the key. I'm having real trouble getting the honey through the grinder.

Comment

Hmmmm! looks like we can all relax, seems the turmeric super food thing was a storm in a coffee cup.
                Turmeric May Not Be A Wonder Spice After All

Comment

Haha, reminds me of the constant "coffee is a superfood that adds decades to your lifespan"/"coffee is a poison that is slowly killing you" articles Yelta [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
                    Hmmmm! looks like we can all relax, seems the turmeric super food thing was a storm in a coffee cup.
                    Turmeric May Not Be A Wonder Spice After All
                    Actually the article says the results were inconclusive. So while it didn't prove its good, it didn't show that it's no good either. Another journalist trying to make a headline from a scientific study where there's nothing to see.
                    Like anything I doubt it's a 'superfood' as I don't believe there's such a thing. More importantly, does it taste nice? I've hardly ever had the stuff I don't think, although I'm sure it's in the odd Asian dish I have.

Comment

Originally posted by LeroyC View Post
                      Like anything I doubt it's a 'superfood' as I don't believe there's such a thing. More importantly, does it taste nice? I've hardly ever had the stuff I don't think, although I'm sure it's in the odd Asian dish I have.
                      Also used a colouring agent in some products eg. The Natural Confectionary Co. snakes. Some folk don't notice. I find both the turmeric and paprika a slightly odd addition but don't mind it. The wife can't stand it - if it's not part of a curry :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X