The Coffee Roasters companion book is returned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Coffee Roasters companion book is returned

The book The Coffee Roasters companion book has been returned to me in perfect order. thanks to Sean.
    also came with a nice thank you note and some roasted beans, i thought african flavours, and roasted so that nice flavours, good balance body aroma. lovely coffee.

cheers
    Ron.

Thanks Ron for the loan. Scott Rao has put together a very interesting book and I got a lot out of it. Certainly more advanced than Kenneth Davids' "Home Coffee Roasting" and a worthwhile read for anybody who wants to get into the nitty gritty of different temperature curves and their effects.

Comment

I've found it very handy, for as much following it as deliberately not following his advice.

Comment

And I'm not discrediting the book. It really helped frame what coffee roasting standards can be in a particular preferred professional scenario, and how I in my context have to make adjustments. I refer to it fairly regularly, especially with cupping.

Comment

Originally posted by readeral View Post
          I've found it very handy, for as much following it as deliberately not following his advice.
          I would not expect it to work on your roaster either. However when the method is applied to the absolute letter using a ventilated solid drum roaster and there are some things one needs to work out for him / herself in regards to adapting to their own system, it produces deliciously sweet, full and balanced coffee that does not taste baked or ashy.

Comment

Working...
          X