Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Built-in machine recommendations

Hi all,

I apologise if this is not the correct place to ask this question but we are in the process of building a new house and for our new kitchen we want to upgrade our coffee machine. We have been using the Breville Barista Express BES870 which makes an okay coffee for it's price point, however it's a slow and messy process to make a coffee. We have been thinking about putting in an Automatic Built-In machine into the microwave tower in the new house, but don't really know a whole lot about them - I'd love to hear recommendations for built in machines which will make a decent cappuccino, as well as suggestions of models to avoid. We would ideally like to spend underk 4k.

Thanks in advance

Not aware of any. None at all. For what a built in that would make mediocre coffee would cost you could have a mid to high end benchtop machine that would actually produce pleasant tasting coffee. Sorry.....

Comment

Welcome staffymum,

I can make recommendation in a single word: Don't!

Cheers

Chris

Comment

I have only anecdotal experience, but the 2 people I know of who have had quite expensive built-in machines seemed to spend more time getting them repaired than usage. One person I provide coffee to has given up on theirs, and have been buying it ground for a plunger instead.

Graham
        Last edited by GrahamK; 9 June 2016, 08:06 AM.

Comment

I've heard the same, leaks etc, with the Gaggenau one that cost $5k. The coffee I had from it was pod quality.

Comment

DeLonghi make one, it's not bad as long as you have fresh beans, the grind adjusted correctly and set to dose the maximum amount.

Miele make one too, they've been doing it for a long time, however i don't rate them. Certainly not worth the price.

Your BES870 will still make better coffee than any automatic machine. It is a capable machine and paired with a good grinder it can make a nice brew.

Comment

Maybe have a look at the oracle bes980. Semi auto and I would imagine much better than a built in

Comment

Don't get a built in. They break down after not so long, and then you eventually give up on fixing it, and it no longer gets used.

And what is a microwave tower? Sounds like something they use to communicate with a lunar outpost.

Comment

Probably the best deal going at the moment is :

http://www.talkcoffee.com.au/shop/iz...ii-demo-model/

If you are set on having something attached to the house you could coat it with liquid nails before you sit it on the bench? 😈

Comment

Many years ago I thought I saw an inbuilt that looked like a lelit combi, I could be wrong here as it was just a passing glance.

As above get a "real" machine, it will look fantastic in your new kitchen!

Cheers

Comment

Nuova Simonelli make one and I have a feeling it has a proper group head and portafilter. Does anyone know of this model?

Comment

What about those under the counter jobs you see from time to time?
                        Exy but seem to be well made and to commercial standards...

Mal.

Comment

Thanks for the responses...

I mostly just wanted a built in because I don't want anything on my benches and they look really fancy, but if I don't go down that option, my next choice is an automatic machine that I can hide in an appliance cupboard...I feel like coffeesnobs might crucify for me for this (sorry!!), and I know I can get a much better brew through manual extraction, but I still buy my coffee on my way to work every morning, because I just don't have the time or patience to deal with my current machine in the mornings.

Any recommendations for an auto machine, one where you can fiddle with the settings so that you can press a single button and end up with an okay cup of coffee?

Comment

Originally posted by staffymum View Post
                            Thanks for the responses...

Any recommendations for an auto machine, one where you can fiddle with the settings so that you can press a single button and end up with an okay cup of coffee?
                            No. There's no such thing.

Comment

Nespresso.. it meets the brief about wanting to hide it in the cupboard (it is the bringing it out part you might struggle with ;-)) and the decent cuppa could be pushing it as well (certainly not undrinkable but each to their own).

Not to much to fiddle with and a one press button thingy.. I think some of them even froth the milk.

Comment

Working...
                              X