Tichum Creek Coffee Farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tichum Creek Coffee Farm

We are taking a holiday in Nth Qld at the moment so what did we do on our 1st full day today??
    Checked out a coffee farm of course!
    We visited Mario and Claudia at Tichum Creek Coffee Farm near Mareeba in the beautiful Atherton Tablelands. and while we didnt take a look at the farm itself, we did get to sample some of the wares and take a look at the roastery. We tried Marios Blend and liked it a lot and would say was a little reminiscent of a well-roasted Mandheling.
    Youll be pleased to know Mario and Chris spend a bit of time looking at CS too!
    We took these piccys today. The little roaster is a Probat that is about 80 years old and does 4 KGS, the biggy is a 25KG Gothot circa 1950.

Re: Tichum Creek Coffee Farm

WooHoo! Another old Gothot! Yay!!

Sounds like a great time there Tim!

Java "Lovin da Gothot!" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Great stuff Tim,

Boy their roasters look like new... obviously very fastidious and passionate about looking after them. Most impressive 8-)

Mal.

Comment

The Gothot they bought in the US and had it completely rebuilt/refinished there with some electronic control mods and temp probes added to bring it up to 21st century spec in the controls dept. Theyve also modded the bean hopper with a vacuum bean loader so you dont have to climb up a ladder to tip beans down the chute.
        The Probat has had a stainess base added (I think).... its a real little work of art.

The whole cafe and roastery area was beautifully set up and fastidiuosly maintained. The coffee was of really high quality in the cup and well-made. Behind the counter, Claudia has amassed a huge collection of old manual coffee makers, grinders and manual roasters.... I reckon there were at least 100.
        You can tell they really love what they do.

Comment

The view of the valley is just spectacular, Tim. Beautiful area up there!

Comment

Just found this post...
            WOW some great toys and a nice venue too.

Ill add it to my need to visit list!

Comment

Working...
            X