POD machine in work situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POD machine in work situation

Has anyone tried a Segafredo Zanetti SZ01 POD machine in a work situation.

I work in an Operating theatre environment, and would love to get something better than the "instant" supplied. I saw in a work related journal that I can get the SZ01 supplied free if I buy 3 coffee pods per day...$1 per pod.

Seems like a good deal, I know its not as good as freshly ground coffee, but there is no way we could run a manual machine and coffee grinder at work without it being severely abused.

The POD machine seems to be the only viable choice.....How bad are they?

Anyone tried this particular machine or pods?

Re: POD machine in work situation

one dollor per cup is mighty expensive compared to the 25 cents for regular coffee. Best way to find out if the coffee is nice enough to justify is to try it yourself.

Comment

Nothing is free.

Comment

$1 per cup is expensive...but so is the swill they sell for $3.50 per cup at the cafeteria.

To try the machine I need to buy to boxes of pods $300. Just thought someone else might have tried them at work...obviously not what you would drink at home. This has to be a no mess low maintenance solution for the kitchen at work, or it is no-go.

Comment

anyone who doesnt let you try out the service before you commit doesnt deserve your business.

Comment

I have had coffee from a pod machine. It wasnt pleasant at all.

When I was working in a big hospital I took a plunger cup with me (esp on night duty) and some coffee I ground that morning.

It wasnt perfect but it was better than the swill in the cafeteria and instant. Cheaper than pods too.

Comment

I tried a pod (Illy) coffee recently and wont bother again.
              You might as well drink instant.

Comment

A super auto would do a better job given a fined up grind setting and fresh beans.

Comment

CoffeeSnob

« Reply #5 - on: 08. Jun 2007 at 23:40 » Quote
                  I have had coffee from a pod machine. It wasnt pleasant at all.

When I was working in a big hospital I took a plunger cup with me (esp on night duty) and some coffee I ground that morning.

It wasnt perfect but it was better than the swill in the cafeteria and instant. Cheaper than pods too.

« Reply #6 - on: 09. Jun 2007 at 00:31 » Quote
                  I tried a pod (Illy) coffee recently and wont bother again.
                  You might as well drink instant.

OK thats the sort of response I was looking for....seems like PODS are definitely poor.

Equivalent to instant, says it all.

I guess I can wait 8hrs for a decent coffee when I get home.

Thanks to all posters.

Comment

Originally posted by lucinda link=1181290289/0#5 date=1181310027

It wasnt perfect but it was better than the swill in the cafeteria and instant./me
                    This is exactly what I do at work... kills the rubbish I get here at work... Sometimes the Cafe at work makes OK coffee, and sometimes its just outright disgusting... My plunger and relatively freshly ground coffee I know Ive got a good coffee and its consistant every time!

Comment

My work has just spent $10K+ on a WMF Presto coffee machine for our new office. It makes some pretty decent coffee for a super auto - Id never heard of them until I saw it sitting in our shiny new kitchen. Im very happy that our MD likes his coffee!

Comment

Working...
                      X