What are you drinking right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you drinking right now

With the first sub 20 degree day here I dusted off the vacpot and started enjoying some brewed coffee. My usual espresso favorites will take a break as I explore the winter coffees. This got me thinking, what are we all drinking?

Im drinking a blend of Panama Gran De Val and Brazil Daterra Sweet Collection. The Brazil is roasted to the start of 2nd and the Panama just into 2nd, blended 50/50. I brewed it through my vac-pot this arvo and it is fantastic. This brew method really highlights the smooth velvety texture of this blend. With just a touch of milk this hot cup has sweet milk chocolate flavours and smooth peanut buttery undertones. As it cools (which is some time as I have a 400ml coffee cup) the milk chocolate deepens into more of a rich, bitter, cocoa note that intensifies and the nutty flavour swings from peanut to hazelnut and becomes more subtle. My last sip could be cocoa residue from a hot chocolate.

Re: What are you drinking right now

Hmmm,

Im sipping my way slowly through a beautiful Zimbabwe brew from the trusty Plunger... not sure on the roast profile exactly as its from the batch that Grendel roasted for charity. Absolutely beautiful though. Starting to warm up a bit now that the fires roaring away, its about 5 C outside and the dogs are abusing me for taking too long to let em back in after their dinner ... Better go otherwise my name will be mud for a week.... Long memories have dogs :-?

Mal.

Comment

Im drinking a cappuccino made with Andys CS Brown Huehuehtenango. I remember last years huehueh as being a relatively uncomplex, clean and chocolately base for a milk drink and this years seems to be no different. It would make a great base for a blend, but for now this will keep me going through exams ;P

Cheers,
      Luca

Comment

trade ya some 2 day post roast sidamo for some huehue?

Comment

Cold Process Ethiopian Harrar Longberry Horse at 1:5 with whole milk.

Java "Hhhhmmm....Blueberry!!" phile
          Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

single origin Australian arabica from eureka coffee

Comment

some guat huehuehtango as well. seems to be the bean of the month... would be great blended with a nice bold african bean

Comment

coke zero .. in a can.

Comment

Kenya AA that I got at Simply Coffee yesterday. Superb brew.

Comment

Sulawesi that is slightly "overdone"...It is too strong. I am going to do a less darker batch today.

Fingers crossed [smiley=smiley.gif]

Comment

Iced Rooibos tea, in a plastic tumbler.

Comment

Working...
                      X