Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Coffee Scrooges" how to save mony on coffee beans by various methods and techniques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Coffee Scrooges" how to save mony on coffee beans by various methods and techniques

As the title suggests, this thread has absolutely nothing to do with making good coffee, and, everything to do with saving money on the beans we use'

My first thought is to mix previously ground and brewed coffee with freshly ground beans at a predetermined ratio, starting at approx 20%, an obvious and immediate money saver.

Don't be shy, lets hear em.

Click image for larger version

Name:	scrooge-mcduck.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	758868
    Last edited by Yelta; 19 June 2016, 11:45 AM.

You're pretty miffed that a few people in your "All supermarket is coffee is shit" thread had a slightly different viewpoint hey?

Comment

Originally posted by DuaneDibbley View Post
      "All supermarket is coffee is shit"
      Exactly! your words not mine, I note you were able to go off topic in one post! well done.

Miffed! not in the least, amused? highly.

Lighten up a little Duane, I started both of these threads somewhat tongue in cheek

Comment

Reminds me of a thread from long ago with a great reply from TOK http://coffeesnobs.com.au/general-co...tml#post559006

Originally posted by TOK View Post
        "Cheaper options" are actually extremely expensive at any price because after you brew the first cup you will understand the necessity to run out and buy something else that is more palatable.

Comment

Haha! Nice one Yelta.

Comment

You can't beat the leftovers shot.. The leftovers of multiple bags all less than one shot combined for a one off. You don't get to dial it in - but when you get lucky it can be delicious.
            Stingy and tastey

Comment

You guys drink the stuff from the drip tray right? Pouring that down the sink would be such a waste, gotta be a few cents worth of coffee there for sure
              Last edited by Agrajag; 19 June 2016, 02:14 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Used pucks can be frozen with a pop-stick insert, and make great "coffee icy pops". Have these every second day instead of coffee. Your coffee budget will be halved.

Comment

Accidentally read Gavisconi007's post first. Became HIGHLY confused, read the rest of the thread, then I understood.

I collect all of my drip-tray contents and evaporate the water, makes excellent instant coffee in a pinch

Comment

I use the doser as a knock box. Haven't bought beans in 18 months

Comment

Originally posted by trentski View Post
                      I use the doser as a knock box. Haven't bought beans in 18 months
                      Nor penicillin

Comment

I bottle the used backflush detergent from the machines at work. It's got coffee in it and the detergent is nice and foamy so you don't even need milk.

Comment

Originally posted by noidle22 View Post
                          I bottle the used backflush detergent from the machines at work. It's got coffee in it and the detergent is nice and foamy so you don't even need milk.
                          Dandruff makes excellent milk powder when supplies run low.

Comment

Rather than throwing away the rear filter from the Hot Top every ten roasts, cut them into 4 perfectly round circles, sew two together around the circumference, and attach a tampon string. These make great "Robert Timms Coffee Bags" for in-laws.

Comment

Originally Posted by Gavisconi007

"Dandruff makes excellent milk powder when supplies run low."
                              and
                              "
                              Rather than throwing away the rear filter from the Hot Top every ten roasts, cut them into 4 perfectly round circles, sew two together around the circumference, and attach a tampon string. These make great "Robert Timms Coffee Bags" for in-laws."

Ewwww.... and Yuck!

Comment

Working...
                              X