Some days don't start well!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some days don't start well!

Woke this AM, fell out of bed and staggered semiconscious to the little house for the relief of the suffering, as I bumbled through the kitchen turned on the Bezzera.

The next twenty minutes were spent vaguely perusing the news, talking to the dog and trying to come to terms with the fact that a new day had begun.

Time for coffee, measured out my normal 18 grams, ground it, picked up the PF and proceeded to dose, funny I thought, seems to be an excess of coffee, attempt to tamp, funny, way too much coffee, it ain't workin, not until I dump the contents of the PF back into the doser does the penny drop, in my less than alert state I had picked up the PF with the blind basket (they sit side by side) and was attempting to squeeze 18 grams of ground coffee into it trust me, it won't fit.

Take two was a little more successful.
    Last edited by Yelta; 30 June 2016, 06:46 PM.

Know the feeling the coffee doesn't seem to tamp well in the blind filter. The pour is excessively long

Comment

Next will be 18g Cafiza lattes.

Comment

Originally posted by simonko View Post
        Next will be 18g Cafiza lattes.
        I hope not.

Comment

Certainly clean the palate

Comment

The ultimate ristretto :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
              Woke this AM...Time for coffee, measured out my normal 18 grams, ground it, picked up the PF and proceeded to dose, funny I thought, seems to be an excess of coffee, attempt to tamp, funny, way too much coffee, it ain't workin, not until I dump the contents of the PF back into the doser does the penny drop, in my less than alert state I had picked up the PF with the blind basket (they sit side by side) and was attempting to squeeze 18 grams of ground coffee into it trust me, it won't fit.
              Done the opposite, forgot to put any basket in. Wondering why the the tamper has shrunk and "basket" looks so empty with 18gm in it.

Comment

My first shot on the Synchronika was a bit chronik (sorry). Used the ECM double basket, went to tamp using my Pullman tamper (fitted to a Synesso double) and it was a touch too large - ended up doing a second tamp with the plastic thing included in the box. Let's say the pour was sub-optimal, even accounting for the way-too-coarse grind. Switched to the Synesso basket and had 'er dialed in within a few more shots [emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by MrFreddofrog View Post
                  Done the opposite, forgot to put any basket in. Wondering why the the tamper has shrunk and "basket" looks so empty with 18gm in it.
                  Nice to know I ain't the only Muppet on the forum.

Comment

This thread is excellent for a laugh. Using the 7g dose for a single that is recommended in many ridiculous instructions in a blind basket might work...because either way, it's useless

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
                      Nice to know I ain't the only Muppet on the forum.
                      You have the whole muppet show here

Comment

Anyone ever steamed their espresso by mistake?

Comment

Are you drinking espresso out of a milk jug?

Comment

Originally posted by kbilleter View Post
                            Anyone ever steamed their espresso by mistake?
                            No but I have clipped the thermometer probe on outside of the jug and wondered why it wasn't moving.

Comment

I have waited 1/2 an hour for the machine to heat up only to find out I had turned on the toaster not the espresso machine, so I had a late latte

Comment

Working...
                              X