Monsoon in my mazzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsoon in my mazzer

OK. I roasted my Monsoon Malabar to Serges specifications and waiting the obligatory 7 days. I then offered the beans to my mazzer and have noticed something peculiar.

When grinding, the mazzer has always produced a steady flow of grinds, and the coffee tends to drop into the PF.

Not so with the Malabar. The grinds are sprayed into the doser chamber like theres a storm going on in there and when I dose, the coffee sprays out like a shower. I swapped coffees and everything went back to normal, so its the coffee, not the machine.

Ideas please? Im not worried, just curious (and it would be nice not to waste any coffee).

Oh and Mal - as predicted...billowing crema!

Re: Monsoon in my mazzer

Yeah, same--both with the grind and the crema. Very fast pour. Compared to the Costa Rican Rio Negro and the Zambia beans Ive been using it came through in a flurry and Ive already finished the 200 grams I opened on Thursday.

Comment

I find that my grinds cause more of a mess the finer its ground..

Comment

Im amazed at how fine this has to be ground - but as others predicted when rested for a week its nicely sweet in the cup - great for lattes.

Comment

Im having a bit more luck with it now that Im grinding super-fine!

Comment

Youd be surprised just how far you have to adjust for differing beans.

Monsooned at the finer end of the scale, Harrar at the other.

Comment

Thanks for the advice folks - I seemed to get it right just as I finished my first roast of these beans! ;D

Makes a nice coffee!

Comment

Working...
              X