Coffee for the masses - setting up a work coffee station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee for the masses - setting up a work coffee station

I am planning on setting up a coffee station at work, with proceeds to go to charity.

My basic plan is to roast and grind the beans myself (which I am doing for myself anyway, this will actually make it easier to do regular roasts). I also plan to provide a couple of plungers and possibly drip coffee makers for people to use.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, particularly in regards to coffee making equipment. I am thinking plungers as this is simple and easy to operate and clean. I will be competing with a coffee van and an espresso machine that runs on pods.

Maybe some cold brew in the warmer months. Not much needed in the way of equipment, could just steep it one jug and filter it to another.

Comment

Nice idea! How many people?

Comment

It is 24/7 centre with 50+ people working at a time, but I have no idea how many will pay for this, most people seem to prefer to pay $5 for an average cup of coffee ready made. If it very popular i will have to buy some coffee ready roasted, but if nothing else it will help me always have my own fresh roast.

Comment

Good idea, i will look into that option. At the moment I will focus on the plunger coffee - I have picked up a bunch on Freecycle so have not had to invest anything into equipment which is nice.

Comment

Working...
          X