Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get into a roasting career ??

Hey fellow snobs !!
    Im really passionate about coffee and want to get into commercial roasting. I've contacted all my local roasters asking if I could get work experience from them and all have ignored. Possibly due to not being a large enough company or learning about their secrets. What's the best way of achieving my goal of becoming a roaster? I'm in NSW and prepared to travel wherever to learn Etc. Do I keep studying coffee and reading books and home roasting until an opportunity pops up? Or ?
    i feel like it's such a hard career to get a job in. All feedback is appreciated !!!

Every roasters story is probably different, but I know a guy who is working for a medium sized roasting business who started as a casual packer and after a few months went full time and a little later has been offered the opportunity to learn the ropes.

I don't know if this is how it usually works, but it does seem to be typical for industries where qualifications aren't necessarily required, for example a diligent kitchen hand may start cooking

Comment

Working...
    X