Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prisma Cold Brew Coffee

Another one for a gadget collector?

Cold brew in 10 minutes! https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/p...ee-technology/

How do they get the extraction in a fraction of the time? I wouldn't have thought you could bend the rules of physics and chemistry to this extent.

Interesting if it provided the same result in that sort of the time.

Cheers

Comment

They did mention vacuum in the vid. But the time change is huge, it like 50 times or so faster.

Cheers

Comment

Just realised it only works on 120V.. what a bummer

Comment

The have been contacted (not by us) to express interest in import of a 220-240V version...

Comment

I guess that naturally leads to the question – what if you turned on your E61, and poured a shot before it had a chance to warm up, using pump pressure only through your espresso ground coffee? Same basic principle I guess…
            I feel an experiment coming on

Comment

Might I suggest you put the portafilter (with the basket) in the freezer prior to your experiment

Comment

You could disconnect the heating element. And grind fine enough for a 10 minute extraction!

Cheers

Comment

And ice blocks in the tank

Comment

Originally posted by DesigningByCoffee View Post
                    I guess that naturally leads to the question – what if you turned on your E61, and poured a shot before it had a chance to warm up, using pump pressure only through your espresso ground coffee? Same basic principle I guess…
                    I feel an experiment coming on
                    I realise that this was a joke, but Seattle Coffee Gear just did a video on this... results weren't good, apparently

Comment

Googled it …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nngt5xbEVpc

Might be worth a try anyway - just out of interest!

Comment

Working...
                      X