Scace - 2 OR Group Handle with Pressure Gauge & Thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scace - 2 OR Group Handle with Pressure Gauge & Thermometer

Hi All. I have been looking at buying a scace 2, however, I have noticed that I can now buy a generic group handle with a pressure gauge and thermometer for less than half the price of the Scace 2.

As I understand it both devices do the same thing, measure temperature and pressure, is anyone aware of any extra features the Scace - 2 may have over the generic device/s?

Any comments appreciated :-)

Cheers.

The Scace System is really aimed at Pros who service espresso machines for a living and as such, are built to handle it plus provide very repeatable results. If budget isn't a consideration then there isn't anything better....

On the other hand, for a home user, the other unit probably offers more bang for buck, given how little it will be used. I use my home-built unit probably once per year at the very most, and is why I built it rather than buy a system ready to go...

Mal.

Comment

Thanks Mal.

I had a chat with one of the larger espresso machine parts suppliers and service agents in Sydney today and I have resolved to just buy a GH with pressure gauge to suit an E61 (around $100) and use in it conjunction with a modest thermocouple device and sensor (around $200). The Scace is well written up but you are right in that it is an ideal device for tech's who are on machines all day whereas with my occasional usage I am better off with something a little simpler.

Cheers and Thankyou for your reply, I felt like I had found the only empty room in the forum

Originally posted by Dimal View Post
      The Scace System is really aimed at Pros who service espresso machines for a living and as such, are built to handle it plus provide very repeatable results. If budget isn't a consideration then there isn't anything better....

On the other hand, for a home user, the other unit probably offers more bang for buck, given how little it will be used. I use my home-built unit probably once per year at the very most, and is why I built it rather than buy a system ready to go...

Mal.

Comment

Working...
      X