No announcement yet.

How many coffees do you drink in a day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many coffees do you drink in a day?

So i’ve recently cut down from two coffees (one in the morn & one in the arvo) to a double shot in the morning.

This saves me about #3 a day on coffee, paying for an extra shot instead of a whole new coffee.

Once I have the double shot in the morning, I can’t seem to justify the days I badly want an arvo coffee.

On the weekends, I get away with one shot in the late morning but stick to the same rhythm most days.

How many coffees do you drink in a day? Why do I feel so scandalous for considering a third shot?

Weekdays:
    Two double shots every morning before work.
    Occasionally three.

Weekends:
    Routinely have three double shots over the course of the morning.

Rarely drink any coffee in the afternoon/evenings

Comment

2 doubles before 9am.

1 or 2 (unusual) more in arvo / evening. In recent times, I've not been having it during the work day. Dunno why. Sometimes I split, so end up with 5 - 7 shots a day all up.

Ummm... Your doing fine shonasays.

And welcome.

Comment

Weekdays I have a double shot at 4:30am then a double, some times two between 1:00 - 4:00pm. Weekends it can be around 3-4 a day.

Comment

Up at 6.30, 2-3 doubles before work and another in the car on my way to work around 10.30. Maybe 8 x 100ml cups of filter, my last one being around 7pm. Knock off at 11ish. Rinse and repeat until Sunday when I start with a latte and drink a mix of long and short blacks all day long (8 or so?) sometimes a siphon or pot of filter if I have something interesting. Monday I clean the machine and have about 3 long blacks all day. Considering decaf on Sundays haha

Comment

I just read that and am kind of embarrassed! 2 young kids and working as a chef, I need all the help I can get though

Comment

Originally posted by magnafunk View Post
              Up at 6.30, 2-3 doubles before work and another in the car on my way to work around 10.30. Maybe 8 x 100ml cups of filter, my last one being around 7pm. Knock off at 11ish. Rinse and repeat until Sunday when I start with a latte and drink a mix of long and short blacks all day long (8 or so?) sometimes a siphon or pot of filter if I have something interesting. Monday I clean the machine and have about 3 long blacks all day. Considering decaf on Sundays haha
              Holly hell, that's some serious caffeine your carrying around.

Comment

2 double shots before work. 1 shot of cold drip at work between 9:30 and 10 and a shot of cold drip after lunch between 1 and 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Logga View Post
                  Holly hell, that's some serious caffeine your carrying around.
                  Gotta justify all the equipment somehow

Comment

Haha wow.
                    I start the day with a single shot at about 6am. Then make a double to drink on my way to work. Occasionally I'll have another single shot later on.

I had to just google what an unhealthy dose of caffeine is, given some of the responses above. I'm actually shocked at how much coffee is OK to consume.

Comment

Almost always 2 coffees a day, usually espresso based. Occasionally there's a 3rd, but it's very dependent on what shifts I'm on. This is my limit. I don't feel any negative effects from this amount, but any more and I don't sleep well. Caffeine tolerance is very much an individual thing so don't drink 5-6 cups a day because the medical profession says it's ok if your body can't handle it.

Comment

I'm a dbl shot latte to knock the dust off at 6.30am, followed by a dbl shot long black which I usually take to work in a thermosy thing. Most days I have an aeropress during the day if I'm at work around midday, or a single shot long black if I'm at home. I find that way I get a good idea what I'm roasting is suiting best (milk based or black), espresso machine or brew. Some days I'll sneak an extra long black in when I get home from work, but I'm usually up for something else brewed by then....

Comment

with breakfast, a double shot in an aeropress (my wife doesn't like me turning on the espresso machine at that hour)

a crappy instant coffee (moccona) in a mug for the morning at work.

a crappy instant coffee in the afternoon at work.

weekends is 3-4 shots in the espresso machine over each morning, then I am ready to enjoy the rest of the day, with gleaming intensity.

the instant coffee at work is sadly essential, as if I have good coffee there, I drink too much, and get the jitters...

Comment

Originally posted by meander View Post
                            the instant coffee at work is sadly essential, as if I have good coffee there, I drink too much, and get the jitters...
                            I reckon I'd go the decaf option over instant.

Comment

* Weekdays
                              Double shot espresso with breakfast
                              Loose leaf black tea with milk at work mid morning instead of the average coffee with milk there
                              Another tea at work mid afternoon or occasionally an average coffee with milk
                              Double shot espresso after dinner

*Weekends
                              Double shot espresso with breakfast
                              Single shot espresso mid morning
                              Single shot espresso after lunch
                              Single shot espresso mid afternoon
                              Double shot espresso after dinner

Comment

Working...
                              X