Perth CS Gathering 10:30 Saturday October 8th - Woodvale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perth CS Gathering 10:30 Saturday October 8th - Woodvale

The last gathering went quite well I thought and with Christmas coming up, I thought a few more gatherings this side of Christmas would be good. January is pretty well out as people are away on holiday.

I think that there is a limit to how much coffee can be consumed in one gathering. I was worried that some people might drink too much espresso and get speeding tickets on the way home!

The last time we got two coffees from Leaf Bean Machine with the rest supplied by invitees. I'm open to suggestions but I think 4 coffees in total is the maximum we should attempt.

Getting people to bring something chocolate is a good idea although again I don't think everyone should bring something, just if you don't mind bringing something, let me know.

Count me in, I will bring my syphon along with something interesting to brew in it!! Look forward to seeing everyone on the 8th

Comment

Originally posted by greenman View Post
      Count me in, I will bring my syphon along with something interesting to brew in it!! Look forward to seeing everyone on the 8th
      Hi Trevor,

Sounds good. Grind your coffee first too as my grinder is set for espresso.

Cheers,
      Grant

Comment

Apologies - I'll be a no-show due to other commitments.

Comment

Originally posted by wattgn View Post
          Hi Trevor,

Sounds good. Grind your coffee first too as my grinder is set for espresso.

Cheers,
          Grant
          preground HERESY! haha, i'll bring my OE Lido with me if I can make it this time!

Comment

Originally posted by lemoo View Post
            preground HERESY! haha, i'll bring my OE Lido with me if I can make it this time!
            Ha. Feel Free. Actually will still have my Rocky there. I havent sold it yet.

Comment

I should be able to make it again. Will bring the smart grinder.

I will bring some mocha brownies, this time with more espresso!!

Looking forward to it.

Cheers

Comment

The last gathering went quite well I thought and with Christmas coming up, I thought a few more gatherings this side of Christmas would be good. January is pretty well out as people are away on holiday.

I think that there is a limit to how much coffee can be consumed in one gathering. I was worried that some people might drink too much espresso and get speeding tickets on the way home!

The last time we got two coffees from Leaf Bean Machine with the rest supplied by invitees. I'm open to suggestions but I think 4 coffees in total is the maximum we should attempt.

Getting people to bring something chocolate is a good idea although again I don't think everyone should bring something, just if you don't mind bringing something, let me know.
                Please add one to the list.

Do you have any requests as to what I bring? I suggest one of my Rommelsbachers (auto moka extraordinaire) to see how it compares to greenman's siphon (same roast & grind would work). Also, I may be able to exhume my old "chemical stirrer / modded plunger" which would also be able to run the same roast / grind (it needs finer than usual plunger grinds).

TampIt

Originally posted by greenman View Post
                I look forward to that! As discussed, I have never had a siphon made by someone who really knows what they are doing... Regards.

Comment

Hockey season over so I should be able to make it. Fyi son got fairest and best and the top goal scorer for the entire league and by a fair margin no less. Yes it was a proud Dad moment.

I'll bring some cold brew if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by artman View Post
                    I should be able to make it again. Will bring the smart grinder.

I will bring some mocha brownies, this time with more espresso!!

Looking forward to it.

Cheers
                    Excellent. The brownies were exceptional. Between that and the Black Russian loaf, that Arron brought, it was a real treat last time. Loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFreddofrog View Post
                      Hockey season over so I should be able to make it. Fyi son got fairest and best and the top goal scorer for the entire league and by a fair margin no less. Yes it was a proud Dad moment.

I'll bring some cold brew if anyone is interested.
                      It is great when the kids find something that they do really well at. It is a positive in their lives. We have the grandies. One is great at OzKick, the other one not but they're all different.

I don't think anything alcoholic as it is too early in the day but anything non-alcoholic is fine.

Comment

Perth CS Gathering 10:30 Saturday October 8th - Woodvale

Hi Grant
                        I would love to come to your gathering. Could you let me know the address.
                        Cheers John ( Greenwood)
                        Last edited by Johnd80; 22 September 2016, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Thanks Grant
                          I will be there..

Comment

It looks like it will be a good gathering come this Saturday at 10:30.

I have the following people who said that they will come...

Johnd80
                            jdaniels
                            artman
                            MrFreddoFrog
                            TampIT
                            lemoo
                            greenman

It is a good number and anyone else who wishes to come along just let me know.

Andy has provided a bag of a Mystery Bean to help us along. I wonder what it is?

Thank you Andy for your support of our gatherings here in the far West.

Comment

Am afraid I cant make it again this time around due to work commitments, as much as I would have liked to attend and catch up again with the veteran snobs.

Have a good one, and no speeding from excess consumption please.

Comment

Working...
                              X