Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distill own water

Hi Folks,

Is anyone out there distilling their own water and remineralising based on one of the increasing number of 'water for espresso' recipes appearing online? (e.g. FiveSenses 70/30 water - https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws....ter_recipe.pdf)

There are heaps of cheap Chinese water distillers (under $100) on eBay, but not sure of the quality of these. A general search for home water distillers doesn't reveal a lot in terms of retail options.

If you distill, how do you do it?

Thanks,

Paul

It would be an relatively expensive and time consuming exercise I imagine - given that bottled distilled water runs at around $1/L.

Comment

Originally posted by MrJack View Post
      It would be an relatively expensive and time consuming exercise I imagine - given that bottled distilled water runs at around $1/L.

Time consuming perhaps, but I think the economics of distilling your own water are better than buying. I go through 3 litres/day (taking into account flushing, water from the steam boiler for tea, etc). That's $3/day, which for me is not worth it.

However to buy bicarb of soda and epsom salts is cheap, and if you could pick up a decent distiller for $100-$200, I consider that viable in the long run.

Would be interested to hear from anyone doing this.

Comment

Just ordered some Popcorn, this thread has potential.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Water into wine..jpg
Views:	2
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	742670

Comment

Yeah no. Melbourne west waters recipe is working quite well for me at the moment

Comment

Working...
          X