Boomerang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boomerang

Last year when we had the Aussie MTC beans, I was hoping to get some Bundja, but missed out and got the Boomerang Naturals instead, which proved to be a great choice anyway.

They roast up really even, make a great espresso, very sweet, good body, very smooth, maybe a milk chocolate....
    Recently I did my third batch, they still impress me, and Rayzurhed agreed with me too.

I note MTC has some premium offerings also, but I would be happy with some more Boomerang Naturals or equivalent.

Andy?

Re: Boomerang

Ooh, me too, me too!

Comment

The overwhelming lack of response to this one is disappointing, were we really the only ones who liked this bean enough to want some more?

Andy is there any hope of some more? Pleeease

Bullitt

Comment

The "overwhelming lack of response" doesnt make it look good.

We sampled some great MTC bin lots this year, but at something like $25/kg it was in the pointy-end for sure.

The new season Boomerang should be in stock so Ill check it out but no guarantee we will see it in BB.

Comment

I think they were good but not great. Certainly not worth the price difference from other offerings within BB.

Raises the bigger issue, again, though of price of offshore versus locally grown.

Comment

Originally posted by rowdee link=1183343022/0#4 date=1186636338
            I think they were good but not great. Certainly not worth the price difference from other offerings within BB.

Raises the bigger issue, again, though of price of offshore versus locally grown.
            Labour cost in AU is just so much more expensive....

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1183343022/0#3 date=1186634891
              The "overwhelming lack of response" doesnt make it look good.

We sampled some great MTC bin lots this year, but at something like $25/kg it was in the pointy-end for sure.

The new season Boomerang should be in stock so Ill check it out but no guarantee we will see it in BB.
              Yeah I agree $25/kg is a bit more than we are used to, and they would have to be exceptional to pay that much, but thanks for the feedback Andy.

I was however prepared to pay a bit extra to have something good that was local.....even if it wasnt necessarily fantastic.

At the risk of digressing here,

What we do for some relatively poorer folks in other countries is great, and Im all for it,
              but I am in a job where I visit many local companies, and for example, I will buy certain grocery brands in preference to others because even though the factory may not be Australian owned, it is local, employs local people, just like you and me, and I have no desire to see them out of a job because we dont support them, (provided the products are competitive in quality of course).

Regards
              Bullitt

Comment

I still have some Budja....and still enjoy it, bit atm I am so hooked on the Yemen.

Bullitt, I agree with you there, the Budja is a very smooth coffee.

Comment

Hey thanks Andy for the offerings in last Bean Bay.
                  Ive got some of the Fancy Bin and the washed, looking forward to trying them

Bullitt

Comment

Working...
                  X