Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel Mug - Coffee on the run

Hi all,

All very new to this stuff - and my wife has told me shes getting me a machine and grinder for my birthday - yippee!

I have a quick question regarding taking coffee (milk based caps / lattes) on the run.
    Given my hectic schedule in the morning I wont have time to sit down to a coffee, but would still like to make my own, and put it in some sort of travel mug to have on the way in - not ideal I know, however at least I will have made it :-)

Can anyone recommend a good travel mug for this?

Cheers
    Geoff

Re: Travel Mug - Coffee on the run

the biggest problem you will find with most travel mugs is that they are quite tall. they wont fit under the spouts on your espresso machine. so try and find one that is short and stubby.

Comment

congrats on your soon-to-be acquistion

yeah, most travel mugs are quite tall. bodum have a mini version, called a mini travel mug (surprise! its just called that). its 250ml. not sure how tall but the one i have just fits under the spouts of my silvia... only, and only if... i use a naked pf. you could probably get away with angling the mug under the spout. anyway, its a nice for a milk drink or a long black.

Comment

I found a nice stubby travel mug at of all places Gloria Jeans.

It turned out to be a Thermos branded mug. It has a steel inner liner so you dont get that plasticy taste you can get from cheaper travel mugs.

One thing though, it wont fit in your cars cupholder.

Comment

Maybe this is a stupid question - would it matter if I poured my shot into something else and then transfered to the travel mug?

Comment

Drink espresso. No need for a mug.

Comment

Originally posted by nunu link=1183723581/0#5 date=1183726588
              Drink espresso. No need for a mug.

here here

Comment

Originally posted by gazing_south link=1183723581/0#4 date=1183726161
                Maybe this is a stupid question - would it matter if I poured my shot into something else and then transfered to the travel mug?
                not heaps in a milk drink. some espresso will get left behind in whatever you poured into first, and you will loose your crema so it wont be as strong also the extra trasfer will cool the espresso which can change the flavor. It depends on how fussy you are. you might find with your machine that you can remove the drip tray grill, allowing more space.

Comment

Or if all else fails, pick up some disposable cups and lids from one of the suppliers. They work out quite cheap and you wont have to wash up and remember to take home your mug every day.

Comment

thats n ot a bad idea NE14, I have an awful habit of using travel mugs and they remain in the car until I havea science project in them and takes 3 days of soaking to remove any buildup, which is really gross.
                    Plus I can throw em away........
                    Good thinkin

Comment

NE14 - any idea of which supplier has these for sale? Its a great idea....

Comment

Originally posted by gazing_south link=1183723581/0#10 date=1183943406
                        NE14 - any idea of which supplier has these for sale? Its a great idea....
                        Try the sponser coffee hit they have them on their webpage.

Comment

Yup anthonyd is right! Coffee hit sell them.

Here is the link.

http://www.coffeehit.com.au/index.php?main_page=products_all

Comment

Great thanks - once I get my machine Ill order some...
                            Cheers
                            Geoff

Comment

Working...
                            X