Importer/exporter profit margin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importer/exporter profit margin

What is the average profit margin for specialty green bean exporters/importers (the people who buy from producers and sell to roasters)?

Probably around about what it costs to stay afloat

Comment

Originally posted by coffeelearner87 View Post
      What is the average profit margin for specialty green bean exporters/importers (the people who buy from producers and sell to roasters)?
      I give up.

Comment

It varies hugely between different parts of the world so a global average would be misleading and useless info. They generally do a lot better than producers though, especially at the moment.

Comment

Never ceases to amaze me, new posters without so much as a word of introduction ask, and expect answers to questions like this on a forum owned and run by a retailer of green beans.

And I might add, as is usual of late, nothing to give us a clue as to who she/he is in the profile.

A bit like asking Trump for a peek at his tax returns, ain't gonna happen.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	dumbcover.png
Views:	1
Size:	372.9 KB
ID:	749924

Comment

It is an odd question. To take two examples from the stock exchange, Challenger Ltd has a nett profit margin of 48%, where that of Woolworths is a mere 2.8%. A lot of other things matter. For what purpose are you asking?

Comment

Guessing it's someone doing an assignment for school or uni

Comment

This will get you started if you want to do a bit of work (and know what margins you are actually looking for). Note the wholesale / retail breakdown will be different in the case of green beans because the wholesaler is not selling a finished product, and there may be two stages of distribution after them .

https://www.rba.gov.au/publications/.../bu-0612-2.pdf

Comment

Hey Coffeelearner87, how much do you make a year? And what are your outgoings?

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
                    Never ceases to amaze me, new posters without so much as a word of introduction ask, and expect answers to questions like this on a forum owned and run by a retailer of green beans.
                    Seems to have been an increase in this sort of activity again.

Comment

Originally posted by CafeLotta View Post
                      Seems to have been an increase in this sort of activity again.
                      That's because they don't know who they're effing with.

Comment

7! The answer is 7!

Comment

Originally posted by simonsk8r View Post
                          7! The answer is 7!
                          So obvious, once you know. Best I could do was narrow it down to somewhere between 6 and 8.

Comment

Originally posted by simonsk8r View Post
                            7! The answer is 7!
                            Seriously Simon? You’re just being mean now. You know the answer is 42.

Comment

Working...
                            X