Favourite Kiwi Roasters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite Kiwi Roasters

Any recommendations for great kiwi coffee roasters. My local Favourite is Fixation in Tauranga but I'm keen to try other good kiwi roasters that can post me their beans.

Hummingbird (Christchurch?). Always excellent. Happy to go out of my way to pick one up.

Comment

Originally posted by ermat View Post
      Any recommendations for great kiwi coffee roasters. My local Favourite is Fixation in Tauranga but I'm keen to try other good kiwi roasters that can post me their beans.
      For espresso or filter? (Or both?)

Comment

I like Atomic in Auckland, there veloce blend is my favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by LeroyC View Post
          For espresso or filter? (Or both?)
          Espresso, thanks.

Comment

Espresso, thanks.
            Cool.

Roasters I’ve tried that I recommend:

- Coffee Supreme
            - Flight Coffee
            - C4 Coffee
            - Three Llamas Gourmet Coffee
            - The NZ Coffee Co
            - Excelso Coffee
            - Switch Espresso
            - Prima Coffee
            There’s more, but that’s a good start.

Coffees I’ve tried that I DON’T recommend:

- Roma
            -Allpress
            - Hummingbird
            - Anything from Cerebos (Robert Harris, Lafarre etc)
            - Coffee Worx
            - Pomeroy’s
            - Anything from the supermarket (although if you’re desperate Avalanche and Havana seem to come off the shelf the best).

Coffee I haven’t tried, but have heard it’s good and would really like to:
            - Kokako
            - Altura
            - People’s
            - Viking
            - Ozone
            - Ripe

There’s lots more, but that’s a pretty good start.

Comment

I will definitely try Excelso. Even though they are in Tauranga I had not come across them so thanks Leroy.Nothing like checking out a new coffee !

Comment

I will definitely try Excelso. Even though they are in Tauranga I had not come across them so thanks Leroy.Nothing like checking out a new coffee !
                You’re welcome. I haven’t had anything from Excelso for a few years as I roast most of my coffee myself now. I’m sure they’re still worth a try though. The glaring omission from my post above is Vivace. They do great coffee, especially for espresso and offer a range of blends and single origins.

Comment

Fixation is without doubt the best coffee in the Mount! (I think this should be their slogan, except they are in Tauranga!)
                  I have had several coffees from Fusion a number of times and never been impressed.

If you ever make your way up to Auckland - Red Rabbit is the best in the city and can be found in a cool little warehouse in Parnell.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatEverBeansNecessary View Post
                    Fixation is without doubt the best coffee in the Mount! (I think this should be their slogan, except they are in Tauranga!)
                    I have had several coffees from Fusion a number of times and never been impressed.

If you ever make your way up to Auckland - Red Rabbit is the best in the city and can be found in a cool little warehouse in Parnell.
                    I agree with your Tauranga taste experience, but I will report back regards my Excelso findings. They may be the new local favourite !

Comment

Working...
                    X