Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyone's thoughts on this?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's everyone's thoughts on this?

    https://hackaday.com/2019/06/09/prot...ilter-monitor/

  • #2
    It’s actually a pretty good idea. It’s standard practice in industries that use fluid filters to have some sort of gauge to monitor the effectiveness of the filter. Changing it periodically involves a bit of guesswork really and more often than not you’d be either under utilising the filter (which obviously isn’t cost effective) or leaving it in place too long which can have an effect on the machine.

    Comment


    • #3
      OMG.

      Looks like something that belongs to the coffee-geeks, not snobs, ha ha ha!

      Once the TDS modules, flow meter, and the temperature sensor have given enough data to the ESP32 dev board for long enough, the user can confirm that indeed filter changing routine is needed. As before.

      Now the user can go back to regular filter changes and turn his/her attention to the quantum mechanics of coffee extraction, molecular biology of taste buds and the effects of gravitational waves on tamping pressure.

      Sorry, just being silly. Nice rig for a geek, but far too technical for me!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by LauriG View Post
        OMG.

        Looks like something that belongs to the coffee-geeks, not snobs, ha ha ha!

        Once the TDS modules, flow meter, and the temperature sensor have given enough data to the ESP32 dev board for long enough, the user can confirm that indeed filter changing routine is needed. As before.

        Now the user can go back to regular filter changes and turn his/her attention to the quantum mechanics of coffee extraction, molecular biology of taste buds and the effects of gravitational waves on tamping pressure.

        Sorry, just being silly. Nice rig for a geek, but far too technical for me!
        To be fair it’s probably more for a commercial operation than a home set up.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by LeroyC View Post
          To be fair it’s probably more for a commercial operation than a home set up.
          Ah, fair enough, then. I was thinking domestic....Makes more sense now....

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by LauriG View Post
            Ah, fair enough, then. I was thinking domestic....Makes more sense now....
            I’m sure there’ll still some keen home baristas that’ll be into it though.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm in for better diagnostics of my water, but this does seem too cumbersome for me to bother with.

              If a reasonably priced solution came to market that was easy to use, I'd be on it.

              Comment

              Working...
              X