Coffee Bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Bags

The missus came home with some Robert Timms Italian Style coffee bags to use at work, on offer at Coles $4.82 for 28 bags. They made quite a pleasant cup, good enough in an emergency, or to take on holiday if you don't want to cart any paraphernalia with you.

(I'll take the bait)

The coffeebags are a bit of an upgrade to instant coffee satchels (although many have used instant and grounds to keep the weight/volume down and speed the process up).

Coles are doing them at half price with a limit of 12 but even so, they are $30/kg (instead of the whopping $60+/kg they normally are)

For me travelling anywhere, the Aeropress and a Stainless Filter are the first things packed, even if you pre-grind fresh coffee at home it's an improvement on all the other convenience coffee options. Weighs not very much, is x-ray friendly in carry-on baggage and I've never had any reason not to take it with me on aircraft and even motorbikes in a backpack.

All you need is a kettle.

Comment

Only $60+ per kilo? Not quite up there with pods at $100+ per kilo! Kind of puts in perspective what a bargain the Grange Hermitage (Yemen) available here on Beanbay at $35 per kilo is. Or the freshly roasted Espresso wow @$32.
      However, getting back to the convenience factor a stovetop and small hand grinder is my choice when travelling. The coffee bags just taste too stale to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post

All you need is a kettle.
        I haven’t been able to touch a hotel room kettle since learning that people boil their soiled underwear in them. Ouch!

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a7909941.html

Comment

and that's after 'things' have been done with the tv remote...

Comment

Originally posted by herzog View Post
            I haven’t been able to touch a hotel room kettle since...
            La-la-la-la (fingers in ears) I can't hear you.

**shudder**

Comment

I haven’t been able to touch a hotel room kettle since learning that people boil their soiled underwear in them. Ouch!

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a7909941.html

It's amazing what bored squaddies can get up to. I wouldn't get paranoid about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                I haven’t been able to touch a hotel room kettle since...
                La-la-la-la (fingers in ears) I can't hear you.

**shudder**
                That would explain the coffee in the room in LA!

Java "*smirk*" phile
                Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Always take a V60 when travelling but have never stopped to wonder about people washing undies in the kettle! Some people have too much time on their hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Paolo View Post
                    and that's after 'things' have been done with the tv remote...
                    terrible terrible things...

I hope no one has made coffee at the Bluebird Hotel in England

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowU...r_England.html

Comment

Reminds me of the Austin Powers scene where he samples the “brew”. “It’s a bit nutty...”

Cheers

Comment

Agree with Andy, the AeroPress is awesome for travelling. Light and indestructible.

I am yet to order just a hot water on a plane flight when they do the coffee and DIY AeroPress brew on the fold out table!!

I normally take beans and hand grinder but have also taken ore ground in a few zip lock bags.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                        X