Nutty Coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nutty Coffee

On a rare occasion Ive been served coffees that have a distinct nutty taste, and have heard people talk about getting almond flavors. I have no Idea though which Origins are known for these Characteristics, or does it come down to individual farms? I would love to get my hands on a bag of beens like this if pointed in the right direction.

Re: Nutty Coffee

El Salvador are known for its Nuttiness

Comment

Austin Powers likes nutty coffee

Comment

I got a nutty taste out of the Peru - Villa Rica - Grace Estate.
        I think that was out of my starter pack.
        Not almond though.

Comment

You might have some Daterra Sweet at work, which is often said to have the marzipan characteristic to it. Malabar can also be quite nutty, depending on how you roast it.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

I didnt find the Daterra Sweet nutty.

Comment

Originally posted by luca link=1186666114/0#4 date=1187256399
              You might have some Daterra Sweet at work, which is often said to have the marzipan characteristic to it. Malabar can also be quite nutty, depending on how you roast it.

Cheers,

Luca
              i might have to try some of that. I havnt found nuttyness from malabar, that said i havnt found a roast profile yet for monsooned malabar that I really like it. Im working on a building site at the moment so I might have to buy some.

Comment

Some coffee plantations use nut trees to help shade their plants and to bring in birds.The nut shells end up in the ground and slowly break down releasing their oils which inturn get taken up by the coffee plant and into the cherry.I know a grower who uses nut shells and whole nuts that the parrots have left and he reckons they are excellent mulched in with fishmeal,seaweed,chook pooh and ash.

Comment

... and one would notice the nuance of nuts amoung the "fishmeal, seaweed, chook pooh and ash" ? :-)

Comment

I have roasted PNG A & X grade. Both roasted to a medium / dark roast. The X grade was definitely a nutty taste. Even the aroma prior to tasteing was nutty. Not sure where to get hold of it though. I could see if I can get some in on a sample base.

Comment

I know there is a brisbane based importer stocking PNG A. These guys are the growers aswell, so no consolidation of beans from various farms. The plunger roast they stock is a nutty tasteing coffee. The espresso is very nice as well. I only know of 1 stockist so far... "Earth Coffee" which has opened near all the pubs in Brisbane. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                      X