Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This could be interesting.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This could be interesting.

    https://www.en24.news/2019/09/smeg-b...-machines.html

  • #2
    Smeg coffee machines lineup is currently plastic junk that looks more Chinese than European and way overpriced inbuilt superauto machines that fail like clockwork leaving parts and technicians are hard to find as they are typically sold by whitegoods stores.

    We have had plenty of unhappy owners of $5k machines contact us when they couldn't be repaired.

    I don't think it will be a La Pavoni renewal, can't see any good coming from the takeover but will be happy to be surprised.

    Comment


    • #3
      Two totally different manufacturing mindsets with appliance maker in control; can only head in one direction I reckon...

      Mal.

      Comment


      • #4
        I had a coffee made in a Miele built in home coffee machine once. In a word - woeful!

        The machine looked like Superman and struggled to deliver like Clark Kent.....

        Comment


        • #5
          I can't see it ending well either, not that I would know.
          I have seen what these type of takeovers have done in my other "interest".
          It usually goes along the lines of everyone gets wind of it, then people scurry to buy up any "old stock" they can get their hands on, the "new stock" hits the shelves, people try it out and realise that is has been cheapened and a shadow of its former self and then people move on and find something else.

          I have visions of pastel coloured Europiccolas.

          Tonight I shall hold my Europiccola that little bit closer

          Comment


          • #6
            Smeg built ins and benchtop domestic models are rebranded DeLonghi, from a service perspective this is good as parts are readily available. Coffee will always be mediocre though no matter how well the machine is operating.

            Hopefully they will just operate La Pavoni as it has been and not try to change it into an appliance or box store brand.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by noidle22 View Post
              Hopefully they will just operate La Pavoni as it has been
              Well, maybe in the short term but I wouldn't hold out too much hope...

              Mal.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by noidle22 View Post
                Smeg built ins and benchtop domestic models are rebranded DeLonghi, from a service perspective this is good as parts are readily available. Coffee will always be mediocre though no matter how well the machine is operating.

                Hopefully they will just operate La Pavoni as it has been and not try to change it into an appliance or box store brand.

                Here's to hoping.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Dimal View Post
                  Well, maybe in the short term but I wouldn't hold out too much hope...

                  Mal.
                  That's what worries me.

                  Sorry, I don't know how to use the multi quote option.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by IrisGanache View Post
                    Sorry, I don't know how to use the multi quote option.
                    For the first post you want to quote click the "Reply With Quote" button. Then before you reply for every additional post you want to quote click the "Multi-Quote This Message" Button (The button immediately to the right of the "Reply With Quote" button.). All the quotes will appear in a single reply window where you can insert your response to each quoted post immediately after its' quote, editing the quote as needed for clarity on what part of it you are responding to.


                    Java "All in one place" phile
                    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by noidle22 View Post
                      Smeg built ins and benchtop domestic models are rebranded DeLonghi
                      Didn't realise that but it makes sense as DeLonghi quickly became the other "must avoid" brand around here for having so many returns and failures.

                      Still, if some companies didn't peddle rubbish then our good machines wouldn't look so good.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Javaphile View Post
                        For the first post you want to quote click the "Reply With Quote" button. Then before you reply for every additional post you want to quote click the "Multi-Quote This Message" Button (The button immediately to the right of the "Reply With Quote" button.). All the quotes will appear in a single reply window where you can insert your response to each quoted post immediately after its' quote, editing the quote as needed for clarity on what part of it you are responding to.


                        Java "All in one place" phile

                        Thanks, I think I tried that. I either messed it up or wasn't patient enough for it to load.

                        I'll try again next time.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Javaphile View Post
                          For the first post you want to quote click the "Reply With Quote" button. Then before you reply for every additional post you want to quote click the "Multi-Quote This Message" Button (The button immediately to the right of the "Reply With Quote" button.). All the quotes will appear in a single reply window where you can insert your response to each quoted post immediately after its' quote, editing the quote as needed for clarity on what part of it you are responding to.


                          Java "All in one place" phile
                          Originally posted by IrisGanache View Post
                          Thanks, I think I tried that. I either messed it up or wasn't patient enough for it to load.

                          I'll try again next time.
                          Oops, I reversed the clicking order.

                          First click on the "Multi-Quote This Message" Button under each post you want to quote in the order you want to answer them. For the last post you want to quote/answer click on the "Reply With Quote" button. At that point all the quoted posts will appear in a reply window where you can edit them as needed and enter your responses.


                          Java "Second time around" phile
                          Toys! I must have new toys!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Javaphile View Post
                            For the first post you want to quote click the "Reply With Quote" button. Then before you reply for every additional post you want to quote click the "Multi-Quote This Message" Button (The button immediately to the right of the "Reply With Quote" button.). All the quotes will appear in a single reply window where you can insert your response to each quoted post immediately after its' quote, editing the quote as needed for clarity on what part of it you are responding to.


                            Java "All in one place" phile
                            Originally posted by Javaphile View Post
                            Oops, I reversed the clicking order.

                            First click on the "Multi-Quote This Message" Button under each post you want to quote in the order you want to answer them. For the last post you want to quote/answer click on the "Reply With Quote" button. At that point all the quoted posts will appear in a reply window where you can edit them as needed and enter your responses.


                            Java "Second time around" phile



                            Well would you look at that!

                            Thanks for your help.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              No problem.


                              Java "Click happy" phile
                              Toys! I must have new toys!!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X