Green bean use by time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green bean use by time?

Can someone please let me know if I can still roast old (few years) green beans? They are vacuumed sealed. Cheers

Lots of relevant information can be found under this category mate...
    Plenty of reading ahead.
    https://coffeesnobs.com.au/roasted-bean-storage/

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by SalBeau View Post
      Can someone please let me know if I can still roast old (few years) green beans? They are vacuumed sealed. Cheers
      The vacuum seal is helpful. Would’ve been better if they’d been frozen, but if they’ve been kept in a cool, dark place that isn’t exposed to warm temps or lots of temperature variation then they could still be ok. At the end of the day you might as well roast them as you’ve got nothing to lose really. They might be past their best, but hopefully the vacuum seal will have prevented them taking on any ‘bagginess’.

Comment

Should be fine... nothing to stop you from trying! As noted, as long as they are sealed and weren’t exposed to heat and humidity they should be ok. Not ideal to store them that long but give it a shot. I roasted some 1.5 year Rwandan that came out quite acceptable and it has been stirred in the bag on a warehouse floor with no sealing, just the burlap.

Comment

Working...
        X