Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brita C150 Product advice

Hi guys,

Well I am purchasing a new Bezzera Mitica TOP in a couple of weeks and I thought if I am paying for an expensive item, I want to try and protect that investment as much as possible and what better way then filtering water properly.

In Brisbane I believe the water here is moderately hard to hard as reported by Urban Utilities in a report from 2017/18 it states that for Brisbane the water hardness is 120mg/L so obviously will need softening. I still plan on getting the water tested i might take a simple to the local pool store to get it tested for free just to check.

Now my wife isn't keen on cutting into the kitchen bench to add an extra tap so I was looking at these 3-Way systems and saw a BRITA one in that big green hardware store, but the filter with it is a A1000 (I think) which I do not think is suitable for espresso machines as I do not believe it softens the water.

My question is, if I buy the kit pictured below, and I purchase a BRITA C150 cartridge will it fit?

I guess in summary I just need to know if the C150 Filter Cartridge will fit with the system that is shown in the picture above.

I was going to buy this one from Crema Coffee Garage

https://cremacoffeegarage.com.au/bri...r-kit-tap.html

But as I said wife isn't keen on drilling into the bench and having another tap when a 3-way will be neater and I gotta agree for once

Some pictures of the sink and piping under it for reference though I guess not really needed. But got copious amounts of room under there.

My sink looks quite similar to yours, I installed the C150 kit you linked to (crema coffee garage one) on the left side:

Click image for larger version

Name:	sink.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	750709

so it didn't require drilling the bench, just a small hole in the sink. It was quite a simple install.

Edit: added picture of my setup:

Click image for larger version

Name:	sink-tap.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	750710

Comment

Originally posted by Agrajag View Post
      My sink looks quite similar to yours, I installed the C150 kit you linked to (crema coffee garage one) on the left side:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23555[/ATTACH]

so it didn't require drilling the bench, just a small hole in the sink. It was quite a simple install.
      Funny you mention that, I did raise that to her yesterday but no go she aint keen on two taps at all when 1 can do a 3-way. No pun intended

I already pushed my luck by me going to spend 3 grand on a machine lol

Comment

Nice machine, congratulations

re the water, others in Brisbane may chime in to your thread, and you may have already done this, but do ensure the filter you propose will do the job.

The Bezzera has a copper boiler so no issues with chlorides killing stainless steel.

However, the goto filter for espresso machines "appears" to be the C150 "finest". As you say protect that investment as much as possible.

Enjoy your new machine

Comment

Thanks flashpixx honestly looking forward to the upgrade!

Do you think the C150 filter cartridge will fit on that filter head that comes in the BRITA 3-way filter kit that I pictured in my first post?

Comment

Originally posted by JZ4 View Post
            Do you think the C150 filter cartridge will fit on that filter head that comes in the BRITA 3-way filter kit that I pictured in my first post?
            It certainly looks very similar, if not the same, as my C150 filter head. But who knows, there may be some slight difference to make them incompatible. I'd suggest contacting BRITA to find out for sure.

Comment

Hmm apparently it's a no go.

Comment

I tried to explain it as best as I could but it seems as though I have now left her more confused than she was when we started our dialogue

Dammit.

Comment

When I went through my trials with water testing/filtration I found Brita to be quite unhelpful.

Upon recommendation from a member here I went to Bombora

PM sent

Originally posted by JZ4 View Post
                  I tried to explain it as best as I could but it seems as though I have now left her more confused than she was when we started our dialogue

Dammit.

Comment

Yep, second the recommendation to use Bombora...
                    Thorough professionals.

Mal.

Comment

Just sent them an email

You would think Brita would be able to answer a very simple question if the C150 Cartridge can fit in that bloody 3-way Filter Filter Tap from that big hardware store.. But nup!

Comment

I got the three way tap and kit and just transferred the c150 head and cartridge. The tops of the filters looked the same to me. I cant recall if the c150 head has a different bypass component?

Worst case buy a c150 cartridge and head, the rest from the kit will fit. dont forget you can lay the filter flat if you are short for vertical room.

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by artman View Post
                          dont forget you can lay the filter flat if you are short for vertical room.
                          Don't think that's true with the "Finest", has to be vertical to function properly...

Mal.

Comment

Definitely have your water professionally tested. I have seen water test results from Brisbane which no filter can tame. In these cases, RO or bottled water need to be used.

Water authorities- dun trust 'em. Yours can be different to that of your neighbours, letalone another suburb.
                            Last edited by Caffeinator; 1 October 2019, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Brisbane water is bloody terrible...
                              Can hardly manage to drink the stuff myself and would have to be very desperate indeed.
                              Doesn't matter what your preferred hot beverage is, it won't be able to mask the metallic taste and what ever else is in it.

Agree with Caffeinator, you must have your water professionally tested and Bombora will be able to explain what's necessary to do that with their own testing facilities.

Mal.

Comment

Working...
                              X