What to have with your coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to have with your coffee

Under this general heading I rate my home made high-protein shortbread biscuits (wheat flour, lupin flour, gluten, butter, sugar) but in case you are one of the people who misses Cadbury Dairy Milk Caramilk chocolate, they have it available again at Woollies at $3 per bar (was $2.40 yesterday, I missed that) until closing today. This stuff originally sold for a year or two in the early to mid 1990s, then they stopped selling it (no reason given) until November 2017 for a few weeks, and now again - who knows for how long. You will be able to pick up bars after they stop selling it again on Ebay for 10 or 20 times the normal price of $4.80 for 300g.

Cadbury has never explained why they don't just sell this very popular chocolate all the time.

Anyways, it's really good with coffee if you have a sweet tooth like me. It has no actual chocolate, it's like white chocolate but caramel, and more cocoa butter (I believe, no recipe available). You can find Youtube recipes online of various ways to get a similar result involving caramelisation of sweetened condensed milk.

Caramel slice!!!

Comment

Lebanese sweets! More specific the baklava ones from Abla's Pastries. Perfection with or without coffee

Comment

Speculaas <3

Comment

I have vegemite on sourdough

Comment

Originally posted by IrisGanache View Post
            Speculaas <3
            a lovely sweet Dutch treat

Comment

I enjoy the 40% choc chip cookies from Coles. The ones with the whitest choc chips are the ones to buy as they are still quite soft. If you see any browning on the white chips it means they were cooked longer, in my opinion they're not as nice.

Comment

Soo many options. Almond croissants if I'm out at a good bakery. Krispy Kreme dictates a long black. Otherwise some shortbread or the classic Tim Tam!

Comment

Milk, no sugar...... sorry couldn’t help myself

Comment

Dark chocolate 85% plus

Comment

Originally posted by flashpixx View Post
                      a lovely sweet Dutch treat
                      So good, so hard to stop at one.....or two

Comment

Originally posted by theonetruepath View Post
                        Under this general heading I rate my home made high-protein shortbread biscuits (wheat flour, lupin flour, gluten, butter, sugar) but in case you are one of the people who misses Cadbury Dairy Milk Caramilk chocolate, they have it available again at Woollies at $3 per bar (was $2.40 yesterday, I missed that) until closing today. This stuff originally sold for a year or two in the early to mid 1990s, then they stopped selling it (no reason given) until November 2017 for a few weeks, and now again - who knows for how long. You will be able to pick up bars after they stop selling it again on Ebay for 10 or 20 times the normal price of $4.80 for 300g.

Cadbury has never explained why they don't just sell this very popular chocolate all the time.

Anyways, it's really good with coffee if you have a sweet tooth like me. It has no actual chocolate, it's like white chocolate but caramel, and more cocoa butter (I believe, no recipe available). You can find Youtube recipes online of various ways to get a similar result involving caramelisation of sweetened condensed milk.

Funny thing with the Caramilk......I used to make it in the Thermomix, no I didn't buy one, I inherited it, but it always worked out better using Nestle white chocolate rather than Cadbury Dream for some reason.

I had to stop making it though because it didn't last 5 minutes around here.

Comment

Originally posted by flashpixx View Post
                          I have vegemite on sourdough
                          I reckon yer havin a lend of us FP, I'm a rusted on fan of Vegemite, with coffee? nah.

I drink coffee mainly without eating, if I'm out and about I find french pastries a nice accompaniment to coffee.

Click image for larger version

Name:	French Pastries.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	750756

Comment

Something in the dessert line is an absolute essential with my coffee, although I occasionally find I have chosen something TOO sweet that detracts from the subtlety of a great coffee.
                            Ultimately I want to taste the coffee rather than just something sweet.
                            My Wife is a great dessert and Slice maker and usually manages the sugar levels pretty carefully. Sometimes in a cafe I have chosen a Choc-caramel slice and I usually find it way to sweet to go with coffee.

Comment

No disrespect to any cafe or what they serve as i enjoy going out and trying their coffee and also the food they serve with it.

But....

Nothing to me beats toast and Strawberry jam with my coffee in the morning!

Comment

Working...
                              X