Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS Gathering Woodvale, Perth Saturday November 16th 2pm

Hi:

It has been quite a while since the last gathering at my place in Woodvale. It is probably close to the last opportunity until after the holidays into next year.

It is a fairly open format, nothing formal, just a gathering. If you have some lovely Russian Black Bread or Mocha Chocolate Brownies you'd like to bring, I won't hold you back and anything left over you can bring with you. If you bring just yourself that is enough...

Some people like to bring something of interest like their favourite bean or maybe a DE1 or Monolith... we will see.

If you would like to come along then just PM me and I will give you my details.

Grant

Incoming pm Grant.

Comment

CS Gathering Woodvale, Perth Saturday November 16th 2pm

Grant. I’ll send a pm. Never been to something like this but the wife is at a first birthday party.

If of anyone’s interest I can bring the following.

- LM GS3 AV
      - Eureka atom
      - Behmor Brazen Plus
      - Lido
      - Behmor roaster (and some beans)

Obviously not planning to bring everything but can help if anyone wants to look or is considering.

Comment

Roaster is always good value. Have sent you a PM

Comment

I will bring my DE1 and possibly the hinted food (Artman was the other hint).

TampIt

Comment

I’ll be there. Can’t wait to sample some shots from the DE1. Mocha brownies or home made espresso ice cream will be on my to do list.

Wouldn’t mind sampling a brew from the brazen too.

Will bring some roasted beans too.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by artman View Post
              I’ll be there. Can’t wait to sample some shots from the DE1. Mocha brownies or home made espresso ice cream will be on my to do list.

Cheers
              Hi Artie,

Sounds great!

Cheers,
              Grant

Comment

Would love to come along but out of town that weekend.
                Will come to the next one for sure

Comment

Put me down as a definite, looking forward to catching up!
                  Greenman

Comment

As a newbie poster ( joined 2014) Would love to come to the next one. Busy time of year for me or I would pop up.

Comment

Originally posted by artman View Post

Cheers
                      G'day artman

To save time, I suggest anyone who is curious about the DE1 bring their own roast and grinder.

I know first hand that setting up an unknown roast from scratch is pretty tricky on the DE1. Getting it close - really simple, it is the last stage that can trip you up.

That is why I am looking forward to the V1.3 group - I can tinker the flow and pressure in real time (shades of my beloved Electra Eagle manual lever), note the setting and then automate it.

TampIt

Comment

Forgot this was tomorrow.

At this stage I’ll bring the roaster, some green beans and brazen plus.

Unless someone wants to see I’ll leave the la marzocco gs3 av and atom at home.

Comment

Originally posted by rusty888 View Post
                          Forgot this was tomorrow.

At this stage I’ll bring the roaster, some green beans and brazen plus.

Unless someone wants to see I’ll leave the la marzocco gs3 av and atom at home.
                          Yes, sure. It might be very hot outside but there is plenty of space on the table if you want to set up a roaster. Feel free to bring anything you want.

Cheers,
                          Grant

Comment

Thanks to everybody who came TampIT, Greenman, RossRoss and rusty888. TampIT brought his DE1 which put out some very nice espresso using one of my China Dai Muang Lem beans from CS and some beans provided by rusty888. It was interesting to see the variation in taste of the China roasts I did using a Robur grinder, my IMS 24.5 basket filled volumetrically to about 18 grams and using a naked portafilter. We also did a green roast provided by rusty888 which was good and interesting to contrast it with one of my roasts which was about a week or so old. Rusty888 also did some filter coffee using the Behmor which I could see is a quality machine and produced some nice coffee.

Thanks to TampIT for the black russian bread. Beautiful and I have some left behind, thank you. It won't get wasted.

It was a weird weather day, ironically, it was so hot we stayed in side as it was over 35 most of the meetup and peaked at 38.3C so we all stayed inside in the air conditioning and had a great ketchup.

Thanks to everybody. Nice little group.

Comment

Thanks for the hospitality Grant, a most enjoyable gathering with tasty coffees, great company and lots of puppy greetings!!

Comment

Working...
                              X