Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Frankencart

Im always building something taking something apart or what not,
    Inspired by John from Decent Espresso's coffee cart from a Bror IKEA trolley, and recent purchase of a flowjet system, mixtech jug rinser, Sette 270WI, Grimac Mia that's currently at work, and many other coffee related things Ive picked up, and todays trip to IKEA (god I love those meatballs mash gravy and ligonberry jam!!!) also found some neat espresso and cap' cups whilst there!
    I present my latest project inspired by CS Members, mainly John from DE
    My BROR Frankencart!
    (well until I get another machine!)
    Enjoy, criticise, question!

Steve "if I build it, I will" Sullo's
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Sullo View Post
    Im always building something taking something apart or what not,
    Inspired by John from Decent Espresso's coffee cart from a Bror IKEA trolley, and recent purchase of a flowjet system, mixtech jug rinser, Sette 270WI, Grimac Mia that's currently at work, and many other coffee related things Ive picked up, and todays trip to IKEA (god I love those meatballs mash gravy and ligonberry jam!!!) also found some neat espresso and cap' cups whilst there!
    I present my latest project inspired by CS Members, mainly John from DE
    My BROR Frankencart!
    (well until I get another machine!)
    Enjoy, criticise, question!

Steve "if I build it, I will" Sullo's
    How high is the cart?

Lets see the finished project Steve.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BROR (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	220.3 KB
ID:	750936
    Attached Files

Comment

look forward to seeing the finished product as i too will be building a dedicated coffee station for the new home

Comment

880 tall
        540 deep
        840 wide

Now disclaimer, ima big fan if ikea products but this thing is pretty rock solid, its heavy an doesnt really move,
        My 20yr old son “planked” across it and it didnt buckle, hes six foot like me,

The shelves are solidly made an sturdy even the what is i think 6ply timber top seems ok,

Now considering ill be routing the jug rinser into it and thats 22mm deep ill swap out to thicker ply to fot that

But so far for general purpose cart trolley whatsotcalled id be happy to recommend this, took ten mins to screw together,
        Wheels lock and although mines currently on a tiled floor with brand new wheels it will move it push comes to shove but only as the castors rotate, no movement from wheel brakes...

So far im impressed, thumbs up ikea bror currently retailing for 149.00

An no i dont work for ikea

Comment

Mini mazzer for size comparo
          Attached Files

Comment

If you're not going to rotate your images so they appear properly oriented my poor old neck would appreciate it if you started taking pics in landscape orientation rather than portrait.

Java "Crick in the neck" phile
            Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Strange...very strange. A couple of minutes ago I was laying on the couch and started twisting my head to see the sideways picture sort of right way up.

I became aware of starting to lose consciousness, almost blacked out for the first time in decades....

I snapped out of it and wondered what had just happened...

Some research suggested that in twisting my neck and head to view the picture I may have pinched a carotid artery, restricting blood flow to the brain.

So...keep those pictures right way up folks...it could be dangerous to health otherwise.

Comment

Ill go in search of that thread somewhere about how to fix images, until then try nurofen gel, works on my neck an ive fractured mine

Comment

Ill go in search of that thread somewhere about how to fix images, until then try nurofen gel, works on my neck an ive fractured mine
                  https://coffeesnobs.com.au/off-topic...-sideways.html

Java "Link what?" phile
                  Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

now to measure out where ill rout out a block for the jug rinser to sit it
                    an test if this photo loads right
                    Attached Files

Comment

or this way..............
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by robusto View Post
                        Strange...very strange. A couple of minutes ago I was laying on the couch and started twisting my head to see the sideways picture sort of right way up.

I became aware of starting to lose consciousness, almost blacked out for the first time in decades....

I snapped out of it and wondered what had just happened...

Some research suggested that in twisting my neck and head to view the picture I may have pinched a carotid artery, restricting blood flow to the brain.

So...keep those pictures right way up folks...it could be dangerous to health otherwise.

pretty sure you've got one each side, youll be ok

Comment

or this way..............

Well done Steve.

Comment

so im thinking out aloud here
                            i really like the idea of using the jug rinser as a prep area for spills to drip thru an if i have to use the dreaded chochy shaker.
                            i pulled out the needs fixing bes an now unused mazzer an related accessories to size things up
                            so my workflow thinks this is ok

thoughts? have i missed anything?
                            cup storage will be in drawer below
                            Attached Files

Comment

so im thinking out aloud here
                              i really like the idea of using the jug rinser as a prep area for spills to drip thru an if i have to use the dreaded chochy shaker.
                              i pulled out the needs fixing bes an now unused mazzer an related accessories to size things up
                              so my workflow thinks this is ok

thoughts? have i missed anything?
                              cup storage will be in drawer below

Spills! you have spills?

Comment

Working...
                              X