Whats this thing called??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats this thing called??

after recently aquiring Lucy the Expobar Office Leva it came with custom leva knob, taps an portafilter handles.
    So Ive purchased some timber an about to go nuts on my woodturning lathe an thought ok need to get some if these bits an measure those in but Ive no idea what they are called?
    can anyone help my brainfart sunday?

the bits my screwsticks pointing at
    Attached Files

i think this piece of tassie myrtle needs wants to become a portafilter handle
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sullo View Post
      the bits my screwsticks pointing at
      A Helicoil/Thread Insert and an Allen Head Grub Screw...

Mal.

Comment

Which I haven't found necessary when making portafilter handles.

I simply bore a 10mm hole, tap it to M12, fill the threads with epoxy then screw a piece of M12 stainless allthread in until it starts squeezing the epoxy out. In the oven until the epoxy cures and Bob's your auntie's life partner.

Comment

I would like to be able to swap handles out now and again, don't know if Sullo has that in mind...

Mal.

Comment

then comes this weird bit
            i know for woodworking you can get a morticing square bit but not sure on this piece of ally
            darn would this mean i finally have reason to get that metal lathe?
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dimal View Post
              I would like to be able to swap handles out now and again, don't know if Sullo has that in mind...

Mal.
              many many many things in mind Mal

Comment

i got tired of making pens with the lathe
                Attached Files

Comment

Mal.

In case it's not clear, the allthread is bonded into the handle, not the portafilter. The handle can be removed any time.

BTW Sullo the generic name for that part is a stud, just like in an engine.

Comment

No, I understood that alright...
                    I went the other way with mine - The threaded section stayed with the PF metallic section...

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyrebird View Post
                      In case it's not clear, the allthread is bonded into the handle, not the portafilter. The handle can be removed any time.
                      what about the leva handle doodat? that use a thread insert?
                      and bobs your aunties lifepartner like that one

Comment

all the pf's I have here have the thread sticking out from the handle too, like that allthread thingy great idea Lyrebird

Comment

Originally posted by Sullo View Post
                          then comes this weird bit
                          i know for woodworking you can get a morticing square bit but not sure on this piece of ally
                          darn would this mean i finally have reason to get that metal lathe?

You could simply bore the hole then make it square with a broach. If you are only doing a few it will be much cheaper to simply file it out.

Comment

No, I understood that alright...
                            I went the other way with mine - The threaded section stayed with the PF metallic section...

Mal.

Ah, that explains the helicoil.

Comment

ooooh, what's this thing called love? Benny Hill - girl looking under bed covers with partner.

No, no it's what is this thing called...LOVE says Benny the director.

Comment

Working...
                              X