Which machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which machine

Hi Snobbers, We (Swmbo and I) are relocating to Deniliquin and the coffee machine, like our fridges don't fit. I could renovate to make the coffee machine fit, or drill holes through benchtops, but not inclined to at this stage. My machine is an Orchestrale Nota which I like other than long warm up time (E61) and rotary knobs. Also the treasurer doesn't like it - won't use it, the only thing she needs me for!!!
    So the question is - which smallish, fast warm up time machines do you all like. I have been looking at the Profitec pro 300 and Bezzera BZ 10 and I think the Lelit Elizabeth??. Taste off course everything, but that aside we only ever make 2 flat whites at a time, no friends - watch the rush for coffees at Deni. Ease of use, Swmbo might make me a coffee ??? nah! Quiet, not terribly important. I like the thought of the PID and two boilers of the Profitec but reality for 4-6 coffees per day may be over-rated perhaps the Bezzera or an Expobar office what are your thoughts/ ideas.
    Thanks John.

Having owned a couple of Expobar Office's I would say the coffee quality is on par with E61 machines (similar coffee quality to my Rocket Giotto) and it is a quiet compact machine. If you get the volumetric version it would be easier for the treasurer to use.

I would also throw the Breville BES920 dual boiler into the mix with 5 minute warm-up time and it is an easy to use machine.

You may as well consider the Lelit Mara PL62S/T (although a PID on a HX machine is not really adding much value), this is a very compact machine.

Comment

The Lelit PL92T is a small dual boiler with relatively quick heat up. (Though no volumetric shots, only timed).
      https://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/...elit-elizabeth

Originally posted by roosterben View Post
      I would also throw the Breville BES920 dual boiler into the mix with 5 minute warm-up time and it is an easy to use machine.
      There's lots to like about the 920. Even though it will let you pull shots after 3-5min it is far from warmed up, in reality it's more like 15 min before you should think about it.

Comment

Hi, roosterben thank you for your reply, good to hear from someone with experience of one of the machines I was looking at,You owned a couple of Office's, did you like them that much a spare was in order or did one break down? were they reliable over a period of time, or need a lot of maintenance - Keen to know. Hi to you too L3n,there are a couple of machines around the price of the Elizabeth, the problem for me is the Profitech is not much dearer so it has to come into play. I had thought of the Breville but a put off by its reputation. Yes I know you have one and like them,and I respect your opinion, but there are so many with problems, probably owners maintenance routine. Then there is the Office at not much more. If I had the spare dinero the Profitech would be the one, it covers all bases. Keen to hear from Profitech and BZ10 owners. On another day I might have signed off with "have a good one" or equivalent but today maybe Be safe be careful today tomorrow forever. John

Comment

John, I have a side hustle of fixing and refurbishing 2nd hand coffee machines. I think I have bought/sold three Expobar Office machines (all the semi-auto model) probably over the last 10 years (I haven't actually used the volumetric model). But each one once fixed and working I generally use for 2-3 weeks as my daily machine to make sure they are running without any leaks or issues. I really did like the Office as a machine, good steam pressure and comparable shots to the Rocket Giotto which is my daily driver. The pump was quieter than the Rocket and I just found the Office a nice no fuss HX machine and in a super compact footprint. Looks wise you can't beat full stainless steel E61 for bling but in a blind taste test I don't think you could taste the difference. From what I read while it is not E61, Expobar based their group design of the E61 so it effectively works in a similar fashion.

Comment

Hi again, roosterben thank you so much,just what I wanted. Very glad and thankful for taking up your time. John

Comment

This just popped up John
              https://coffeesnobs.com.au/coffee-ha...a-bz-10-a.html

Comment

Hi again L3n, you won't leave me in peace will you. Just back from a Pub Dinner,what else do you do in this weather, scrolled down to for sale items saw bz10 was interested, scrolled further came to your post. should I laugh-cry or just write the cheque? Thanks for the heads up. John

Comment

Working...
                X