Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Starter

Hi All,

I relatively new to these forums and have just purchased a new Sunbeam EM6910. I usually get my coffee grinded at my local café however I have realised that nothing short of freshly grinded coffee will do with this machine.

I really love the sweet taste of Super Crema Lavazza coffee and was looking at getting an idea of what type of beans would replicate this coffee if I decided to buy beans form someone else. Could anyone make any suggestions?

Re: New Starter

expressman, before I discovered the joys of freshly ground coffee, I used to be a fan of Lavazza Super Crema as well. Tying to match the flavour profile could be difficult though and is something I never had much luck with.

Perhaps if you bought a Surprise Pack from BrownBay here you could try your hand at blending and see if you can come up with something close to the Lavazza!

I bet youll actually come up with something even better.

Comment

My gosh, you think a Lavazza coffee is sweet? interesting....

Would roasting your own interest you?

Comment

MarcS, if you could give the A,B & Cs I am more than willing to give it a crack!

Either way I would love to get any suugestions on producing a nice seet however full bodied coffee.

Thanks

Comment

I echo Hazchems suggestion and get the surprise pack from BrownBay, and blend away... youll most likely blend something thats better.. and an SO that is better...

And for the A, B and Cs of roasting... look no further than http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?board=roasting

Comment

Thank you both Hazchem & Marc S.

Still waiting on the EM0480 from the promo.

Just from experience is there a specific blend that has already been tried & tested?

Comment

Going on what is in BB, Id do a Ethiopian Harar/\/Ethiopian Sidimo/\/80% and Sumatran Mandheling 20% As starters...

Or Kenya AA 60%, Sumatran Mandheling 30%

Kenya is quite an Acidic bean and may need the Sumatran to add body to it...

Comment

Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1188463781]This Thread[/link]

Comment

Working...
                X